Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Difference between using RenderOption to configure BIRT Engine and during render task.
virgosmart
<p>Hello,</p><p> </p><p>What is the difference between passing the RenderOption object to BIRT engine configuration and passing it to a render task (IRenderTask or IRunAndRenderTask) ?</p><p> </p><p>I create my BIRT Engine once during app. start up and then reuse it to run/render different reports. I configure the RenderOption's output stream to either an ServletOutputStream or a File depending upon the output format (HTML / PDF resp.). Obviously, I cannot do that if I register this RenderOption with the BIRT engine (using EngineConfig.setEmitterConfiguration method) as each user request would have a different output stream to which I need to write to.</p><p> </p><p>There is something amiss. What is the recommended approach ?</p><p> </p><p>Is there some sort of merging of render options (common render options set using EngineConfig.setEmitterConfiguration method merged with the per user-request render option) that happens during actual rendering ?</p><p> </p><p>Thanks,</p><p>Gautam.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet