Table: Not repeating values best method?
<p> Basically, I have a table with that information (km and cost are aggregated data):</p><pre class="_prettyXprint">Group | Brand |drivers | Model | mileage | km | cost A | Honda | 3 | Civic | 5 | 100 | 300 A | Honda | 3 | CRX | 6 | 180 | 350 A | Zonda | 1 | CRZ | 6 | 20 | 50 B | Honda | 1 | Civic | 6 | 60 | 50 B | Honda | 1 | CRX | 6 | 40 | 50What I'd like to display:Group | Brand |drivers| Model | mileage | km | cost A | Honda | 3 | Civic | 5 | 100 | 300 | CRX | 6 | 180 | 350 A | Zonda | 1 | CRZ | 6 | 20 | 50 B | Honda | 1 | Civic | 6 | 60 | 50 | CRX | 6 | 40 | 50So that I can have to totals:Total: Honda drivers: 4Total: Zonda drivers: 1Total: Honda Civic: 160 kmTotal: Honda CRX: 220 kmTotal: Zonda CRZ: 20 km</pre><p>So basically, not repeat the information for each row of groups which are duplicated (group/brand/drivers), because this data gets repeated but must not be added and displayed.</p><p> </p><p>I'd receive for instance:</p><p>Group A, Brand Honda, drivers 3, Model Civic, mileage 5, km 4</p><p>Group A, Brand Honda, drivers 3, Model Civic, mileage 5, km 5</p><p>Group A, Brand Honda, drivers 3, Model Civic, mileage 5, km 12</p><p>Group B, Brand Honda, drivers 2, Model Civic, mileage 5, km 12</p><p>Group B, Brand Honda, drivers 2, Model Civic, mileage 5, km 1</p><p> </p><p>Which would basicall mean 2 groups; A and B, Group A has 3 drivers and Group B has 2 drivers. Total 21KM for Civic from Group A, and 13KM for Civic from Group B.</p><p> </p><p>Anyway, I know that the model is strange and is making the report difficult... I saw that you can set "Suppress Duplicates = true" in the advanced properties of the table's columns and rows, but that doesn't seem to suppress every time! Just the 1st time maybe? I don't know I can't seem to work out the logic...</p><p> </p><p>Any suggestion?</p><p> </p><p>Thanks!</p><p> </p><p>Oh, I tried using a table in a table for the right portion of the table (model/mileage/km/cost), but then it becomes incredibly difficult to align rows by rows and even columns by columns for tables inside the rows...</p><p> </p><p>Here's a sample of my weird ''Suppress duplicates'' results (just with numbers for example):</p><pre class="_prettyXprint">1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 <-- first 3 should have been empty1 1 2 1 <-- first 2 should have been empty2 2 2 2 1 2 <-- Worked!!2 2 3 1 <-- first 2 should have been empty2 2 3 2 <-- first 3 should have been empty</pre><p>Just no obvious logic... (Note: these are in footers for the aggregate results which might be the cause of the issue...)</p><p> </p><p>[edit] It's not caused by data being displayed being in a footer, the result is the same in the details section of the table... The suppress duplicates just does not seem to work correctly in Birt 3.7.0...</p>