Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Text/Dynamic Text Field Max size?
lotusman
<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>I have a problem with a text/dynamic text field (I've tried both and get the same issue) in a table (detail & header row tried). What is happening is that once the displayed content exceeds a certain size (and I am struggling to determine exactly what that size is), it is duplicating the field onto a second page. The field Content Type is HTML. The full contents do display on both pages, but I am not sure why it is duplicating the content.</p><p> </p><p>Does anyone know if there is a maximum field content length/size? I have been unable to find anything related to this anywhere I've looked, so wondering if anyone here has encountered something similar, or has any insight?</p><p> </p><p>Thanks</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
lotusman
<p>Hi All,</p><p> </p><p>Ok, I have done some further research, and this appears to be an issue with larger blocks of HTML text being output in a text/dynamic text field from a data source in a Fixed Layout report. If I switch the layout to Auto, it only displays once as expected. My problem is that I am forced to use Fixed Layout for another reason. Anyone else encountered this? Is this a bug?</p><p> </p><p>[EDIT] Just thought that I'd add that if the HTML source spans onto two pages, then you get two "pages" of identical output. If the HTML spans onto 3 pages, then you get 3 identical "pages" of output. All of this is only in Fixed Layout mode.</p><p> </p><p>Can anyone point me to the BIRT source where the text field is processing the data to display as HTML?</p><p> </p><p>Found the following bug which appears to mirror what I've been encountering:</p><p> </p><p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/process_bug.cgi'>https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/process_bug.cgi</a></p><p> </p><p>Thanks</p><p>Rob</p>
;