Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Table: Why has an empty table a row count 1?
Ima Pojo
<p>Hi Folks,
I am a little bit confused and wanted to know if you have a solution for my little problem.
I have a simple table (header row, detail row, footer row) in my report. In the table footer I located a row counter for that I use the aggregation function "COUNT" on the table. If the table is filled, the row counter gets me the correct number of rows. But if the table is empty, I get row count "1". Here should be "0" rows.
The report is executed in Web Viewer & exported as PDF and under Menue Run --> View Report --> as PDF with the same result. The BIRT version is 4.3.0. I have attached an rptdesigns with a filled table and an rptdesign with an empty table.
Do you may have an idea?
Thank you!
Greetings
Ima Pojo</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Tubal
<p>Your COUNT isn't aggregating on any fields. I selected 'Field 1' and it returned 0 rows.</p><p> </p><p>
Ima Pojo
<p>Hi Tubal,</p><p> </p><p>thank you for your answer! That will help me!</p><p> </p><p>I tried further and found the method Total.runningCount(). For testing I put it as Dynamic Text in the table footer row. And suddenly the aggregation shows correctly "0". So I clicked on the aggregation --> Scripting tab --> choose onCreate() --> and inserted "Total.runningCount()". And then all is well. </p><p> </p><p>Why? :-/</p>