Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Programmatically uploading reports to iServer
mnguyen972
<p>I have created a windows application in c# to upload reports to the iServer. It is uploading the reports fine but I would like it to keep the same permissions that is on a previous version. Is there a property in UploadFile that I can set to achieve this? From the management console, it has this option below so I'm thinking there has to be a property I can set. Thanks in advance.</p><p> </p><p> </p> Copy the following properties from the latest version of the file: Description Permissions Auto archive rules <p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
RSiegler
<p>mnguyen972,</p><p> </p><p>You could accomplish this by performing a SelectFiles call to obtain the desired information from a file on the system, and then apply the information from the SelectFilesResponse in as variables for the file you are uploading in the properties of the NewFile.</p><p> </p><p>For any item that is not initially available in NewFile that you are wanting to apply, you may need to make a second call to UpdateFile.</p>