Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
simple line chart with text in Y-Axis
licantropo
<p>Hello, I am trying to make a very simple line chart with a very simple idea:</p><p> </p><p>Each line would be a car number plate</p><p>The X-axis contain a DateTime information</p><p>The Y-axis contain different locations</p><p> </p><p>I have a table with the following attibutes in a table--> timeDate, location and car number plate but I am unable to do it.</p><p> </p><p>The idea is to get a graph of when each car has been in each location, but I am unable to do it with BIRT. Im frustated because it looks quite simple, but the BIRT program always force to use a Aggregate in Y-Axis which is not possible because Locations are text mnemonics.</p><p> </p><p>Please any one could help me.</p><p> </p><p>Thanks in advance.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
GLO_FR
<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>what you want to do, don't look like a chart.</p><p>On a chart, the category axis can be a date, a name, a numeric...what ever you want, but the Y axis have to be a number or a date (which is a number actually).</p><p>In your case, you want to use a country name for the Y axis.</p><p>Maybe you can do it by using the chart object, but you will have to cheat a lot</p>