Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Incorporating dynamic images (encoded SVG)
rwbrankin
<p>Trying to incorporate dynamic image into report. Have followed a couple of related threads. Data source contains encoded SVG image. Have edited image properties thus</p><p> </p><p>Have set "Type expression" to be: "image/svg+xml"</p><p>Have set "Value expression" to be: row["im"]</p><p> </p><p>Have set "On create" to be:</p><p> </p><div>importPackage(Packages.javax.imageio);</div><div>importPackage(Packages.java.io);</div><div>importPackage(Packages.sun.misc);</div><div>decoder = new BASE64Decoder();</div><div>decodedBytes = decoder.decodeBuffer(this.getRowData().getColumnValue("im"));</div><div>this.data = decodedBytes;</div><p> </p><p>I'm using BIRT Report Designer Release Build 4.3.1 - Mac OS X (Cocoa 64)</p><p> </p><p>In the report designer Preview pane I get a question mark icon</p><p>In the web viewer I get the question mark icon</p><p>When viewed as PDF I get Current report item is not supported in this report format</p><p> </p><p>When viewed as PostScript I get Current report item is not supported in this report format</p><p>When viewed as docx, alt-text for the image is Current report item is not supported in this report format</p><p> </p><p>Rest of report is working as expected without </p><p> </p><p>What am I missing to make this work and display SVG images? Will eventually be deployed in Windows environment but development taking place on MAC OS X.</p><p> </p><p>Thank in advance for any tips. Richard</p><div> </div>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p>Can you attach one of the strings you're trying to decode in a text file? Also, have you tested this in a windows environment to make sure it's not something specific to your env? I wouldn't think it would be, but it's worth testing.</p>
rwbrankin
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="kclark" data-cid="122002" data-time="1384360954"><div><p>Can you attach one of the strings you're trying to decode in a text file? Also, have you tested this in a windows environment to make sure it's not something specific to your env? I wouldn't think it would be, but it's worth testing.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p>Example attached. I'll try a windows enironment next week when I have access to relevant resources.</p><p> </p><p>Richard</p>