Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Load in Inputs automatically, once BIRT application runs
tanthiamhuat
<p>I wish to load in one of my inputs (SYSTEMTYPE) automatically, once the BIRT application is executed. This SYSTEMTYPE can be easily retrieved from a table in a database, and contains a whole long lists (more than 200).
Is it possible to load in the input automatically, once the BIRT application starts?
If yes, could you let me know the steps involved?
thanks.
please see attached printsreen.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
basaveswar.kureti
<p>Yes it is possible.</p><p> </p><p>Under Report Parameters > Select a Parameter and click Edit
In the Edit Parameter >
Choose Display type as List Box, Under Selection list values choose Dynamic and select the corresponding Data set.
</p>
tanthiamhuat
<p>Hi [color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:'Times New Roman';font-size:medium;]basaveswar.kureti,[/color]</p><p> </p><p>[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:'Times New Roman';font-size:medium;]thanks for your prompt input, it works perfectly, according to what I want.[/color]</p><p>[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:'Times New Roman';font-size:medium;]Now, I wish that for the input, it is able to select more than 1 value from the ListBox, is it possible?[/color]</p><p>[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:'Times New Roman';font-size:medium;]Something like a checkbox in front of each input?[/color]</p><p> </p><p>[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:'Times New Roman';font-size:medium;]thanks.[/color]</p>
basaveswar.kureti
<p>If you are using BIRT Designer Pro, you can select multiple values by selecting the checkbox.</p><p> </p><p>"Allow Multiple Values" (next to Dynamic radio button)</p>
tanthiamhuat
<p>yes, I check that I am using the Open Source BIRT version as attached.</p><p>Even when Multiple Values are checked, the output displayed is just the first one. </p><p> </p><p>I suppose I need to consider the Professional version of BIRT Designer.</p>
basaveswar.kureti
<p>Looks like you are able to select multiple parameters from the report parameters.</p><p> </p><p>Can you show me the code which you used for the report printing (4th screen) ?</p><p> </p><p>You should use the code as follows to print all the selected values.</p><p> </p><p>params["myparam"].value.join(",")</p>
tanthiamhuat
<p>Would you like me to send me a join.me link, so that it is easier for you to visualize?</p>
tanthiamhuat
<p>my query is as below:</p><p> </p><div>select PFODS.PPL_TESTSYSTEMS_UTILISATION.SYSTEMTYPE,PFODS.PPL_TESTSYSTEMS_UTILISATION.MONO,</div><div>PFODS.PPL_TESTSYSTEMS_UTILISATION.ITNO,PFODS.PPL_TESTSYSTEMS_UTILISATION.TIME_TEST,</div><div>PFODS.PPL_TESTSYSTEMS_UTILISATION.TIME_SYSTEM,</div><div>PFODS.PPL_TESTSYSTEMS_UTILISATION.TIME_IDLE,PFODS.PPL_TESTSYSTEMS_UTILISATION.TIME_WAIT,</div><div>PFODS.PPL_TESTSYSTEMS_UTILISATION.TS_START,PFODS.PPL_TESTSYSTEMS_UTILISATION.TS_END</div><div>from PFODS.PPL_TESTSYSTEMS_UTILISATION</div><div>WHERE (SYSTEMTYPE like ?) and </div><div> (TS_START > to_date(? ,'MM/DD/YYYY HH24:MI:SS') and </div><div> TS_END < to_date( ? , 'MM/DD/YYYY HH24:MI:SS')) </div><div> ORDER BY MONO ASC</div>
basaveswar.kureti
<p>Attached a sample report which accepts multiple values & prints the selected values.
tanthiamhuat
<p>I try out next week, thanks.</p>
tanthiamhuat
<p>Hi, I try out your suggestion, but it is somewhat working, but need further modifications, as my data is retrieved from database (dataSetRow).</p><p> </p><p>I attached printscreens of my original working ones (Working1,2,3, WorkingQuery, SystemType_Dynamic, SystemType_DataSet)</p><p> </p><p>My SystemType is of Dynamic, and retrieved from a Query of Data Set named SystemType_DataSet, as seen from printscreens (named SystemType_DataSet.jpg and SystemType_Dynamic.jpg ).</p><p> </p><p>With your suggestion, its result is as attached. It is able to display both the TestSystem selected, but I would need them to be on separate rows, with their corresponding results in separate rows also.</p>