Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Bar graph in a group footer for a single value? (using group totals)
akk2
<p>I have a report with group footers with multiple totals. I've managed to get this working on each detail row, but in the group footer, it keeps adding bars for each details! So even if it's in the footer, and I use totals (aggregations), I'll get multiple bars, all with the same value. It's like it behaves as if it was in details instead of a group footer... </p><p> </p><p>So for the report footer, it's like I'd need to introduce a sort of 'distinct' or group by, but the graph's group by does not seem to work... Confusing!</p><p> </p><p>So Ex:</p><p>grp header: </p><p>detail1: 1, 2 -> graph has 1 bar, ok</p><p>detail2: 3, 4 -> graph has 1 bar, ok</p><p>grp footer: total1, total2 -> graph has two bars, not ok! Even if based on data of the footer...</p><p> </p><p>I can't seem to figure this one out... Thanks!</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Hans_vd
<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>There is a blogpost that describes how to <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://enterprisesmartapps.wordpress.com/2012/01/16/birt-generate-a-separate-chart-for-each-group-value/'>build
a graph in a group header</a>. </p><p>I think the key part is this:</p><p> </p><p>[color=rgb(85,85,85);font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;font-size:11.818181991577148px;]On the Select Data tab, make sure to choose “use Data from dsOrdersâ€, instead of the default selection which is “Inherit data from containerâ€[/color]</p><p> </p><p>Hope it helps</p>
akk2
<p><del class='bbc'>Oooh I get it!</del> Thanks for the speedy response! </p><p> </p><p>Hmm....</p>
akk2
<p>Yeah I think I understand the concept, but the value I want to display is a ratio between the two values, so for ex:</p><p> </p><p>detail1: 2, 200 -> 2 / 200 = 1%</p><p>detail2: 10, 10 -> 10 / 10 = 100%</p><p>grp footer: 12, 210 -> (2+10) / (200+10) = 12 / 210 = 0.05 -> 5%</p><p> </p><p>But I can't seem to do a total for both columns and <em>then</em> get the ratio, for instance, can't add the % for each row, can't do an average... I'd need like two running totals to then get the ratio... Hmmm..</p>
akk2
<p>Haha ok I got it don't know why I was trying to reinvent the wheel... Simply in my case, for Y, select sum function and my column, and for X, I used an expression: "<em>Total.sum(row["mySecondColumn"])</em>", which basically gives me the total and so ratio I was looking for. (you can't use it for the Y, 'data', column because using aggregation throws an error, but for the other axis it works fine).</p><p> </p><p>So solved! Thanks!
</p>