Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Help, problem with page size of the report
kidtorres
<p>Hi all, I have always the same problem and I don´t know how to fix it.</p><p>When I am designing the report, I have all the size of the page covered with data, and when I previewed it in PDF I have a lot more blank space in the bottom and I dont know how to use it to leave more space between the items, here I attach the 2 photos with an example of what happens.</p><p>In the first FOTO1 you can see that I cant put anything more because I dont have space, but in FOTO2 there is a lot of space to still put more data.</p><p>Thank you all!!! Hope you can help me!!</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
GLO_FR
<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>be carreful, what you see on the layout is just the structure of your report. It's totally normal that the output looks different once the report is generated.</p><p> </p><p>A simple example. Create a report with a table. Bind this table with a 200 rows data set and just display the all data set.</p><p>On the layout, you'll have a simple table (10-20% of the page) but it will generate a 5 pages report.</p><p> </p><p>In your case, did you, specify any height for the differents components ?</p>
kidtorres
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="GLO_FR" data-cid="121916" data-time="1383918255"><div><p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>be carreful, what you see on the layout is just the structure of your report. It's totally normal that the output looks different once the report is generated.</p><p> </p><p>A simple example. Create a report with a table. Bind this table with a 200 rows data set and just display the all data set.</p><p>On the layout, you'll have a simple table (10-20% of the page) but it will generate a 5 pages report.</p><p> </p><p>In your case, did you, specify any height for the differents components ?</p></div></blockquote><p>Hi, thank you for your response.</p><p>No, I didn´t specify any height, I understand that it will change the size once the reportes is generated because it will depend on the data, but what I dont understand is that when I generated it, it shows 2 pages despite the first page has a lot of blank space in the bottom, and of course, the 2nd one is all in blank, that´s what I dont understand, why it creates 2 pages..</p>
GLO_FR
<p>Can you upload your design ? (if possible with a sample data set)</p>
kidtorres
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="GLO_FR" data-cid="121921" data-time="1383920245"><div><p>Can you upload your design ? (if possible with a sample data set)</p></div></blockquote><p>Here you have an example of what I did, this one is even smaller than the real one, but it still print 2 pages, the 2nd one all in blank.</p><p>Thank you VERY much.</p>