Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Data Cube using multiple data sets
olivia08
<p>I'm trying to create a data cube where the resulting output looks like this (see attached file).</p><p> </p><p>I have it working to get columns 1 and 2 because the data came from one primary dataset. However, the counts in column 3 come from a separate dataset. So I tried to incorporate that dataset in the cube but I'm not able to get it to display correctly. I thought that I needed both columns 2 and 3 to be set as a summary field, but it would only let me use the primary dataset for a summary field.</p><p> </p><p>Any help would be appreciated.</p><p> </p><p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Hans_vd
<p>Try creating a joint data set and build the cube based on that new data set</p>
olivia08
<p>Thanks. I was able to create a joint data set for the data and that seemed to get me closer. The only problem I'm having now is on the summary field of the cross tab. I summarize two fields (Total Users, Super Users) based on the Month and Group (see attachment). My dataset returns the values for each of these. However, it appears the results are displaying as the sum of all of the values for that group and the entire timeperiod...rather than just showing the one value coming from the dataset. I do have the Aggregation set to SUM and I'm guess that is the problem. But I don't see anything else in the function list to pick that would work. Any ideas?</p>
Hans_vd
<p>Probably a couple of weeks too late but this would be the answer: use the FIRST function instead of SUM</p>