Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to link database from SQLyog to BIRT Eclipse
DarkSilver
<p>Hi guys, I am new to BIRT. Can you all please teach me on how to link database from SQLyog to BIRT Eclipse? I have created a store procedure in SQLyog but now I am confused on how to display the data in BIRT Report.</p><p> </p><p>I am sorry if there are anything wrong, I am really blurred now. Please help me. Thank you.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p>Were you able to create a data source and data set from your data?</p>
DarkSilver
<p>When I try to create new data source, in the drive, I only have 2 options (I think is the sample database: classic models & apache derby) so I dont know from where should I insert my database.</p><p> </p><p>But now I have more urgent problem, I cant open my eclipse. I think, the error start when I update my java. Now my java is 7.45.</p><p> </p><p>Eclipse, I used :eclipse-reporting-kepler-SR1-win32</p><p>SQLyog, I used: SQLyog-11.2.7-0.x86Community</p><p> </p><p>And I have this error:
kclark
<p>It sounds like you're needing to select JDBC as your data source, then you would need to specify what drivers you need to use.</p>
DarkSilver
<p>Dear clark,</p><p>I have solved the above problem but now I have new problem.</p><p> </p><p>
kclark
<p>Are you getting the same results when viewing the report in the web viewer instead of the preview tab?</p>
DarkSilver
<p>Yeah, [color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;]At that time, I also couldn't view my report on the web viewer but I had already solved the problem.[/color]</p><p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">It was because I installed AVAST anti-virus, I am not sure why, maybe they are not compatible.</p><p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">After I uninstalled it, the preview and web viewer all are working already.</p><p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">Thank you for your time.</p>
kclark
<p>Thanks for the update! Maybe this will help someone who's running into the same thing.</p>
Nithyasree Selvakumar
<p>Hi EveryOne
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I need to insert my database from sqlyog to Actuate Birt Designer..Can one help me..I am waiting... :ph34r:</p>
JFreeman
<p>How do you connect to sqlyog to retrieve data?<br>
Do you have JDBC driver to connect to sqlyog?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Most likely, you will need to obtain the sqlyog JDBC driver and add it into your BIRT designer. Then you will be able to connect to the database using a JDBC connection for your data source.</p>