Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
checkbox in parameter page
sophiez
<p>Hi,
I am trying to use checkbox in BIRT report parameter page.</p><p>i have status as open, closed and retired. I want to show these status in the checkbox so the users can have whatever the combinations of the status.</p><p> ps: these status are integer in database
thanks in advance</p><p>sophie</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
bgbaird
<p>Hi Sophie, I don't know what the attributes in your DB are, but we do this quite a bit. Make the three booolean parameters in the design, then in the before open method of your data set, manage your where clause (something like this):</p><p> </p><p>if(param1==true)</p><p>{this.queryText = this.queryText + " and <your datacolumn1> = 1";}</p><p> </p><p>if(param2==true)</p><p>{this.queryText = this.queryText + " and <your datacolumn2> = 1";}</p><p> </p><p>if(param3==true)</p><p>{this.queryText = this.queryText + " and <your datacolumn3> = 1";}</p><p> </p><p>Note- I ALWAYS have at least 1 statement in my where clause "where 1=1", that way I can always use the before open method on the dataset.</p><p> </p><p>Brian</p>
sophiez
<p>thanks brian. that's very helpful.</p>