Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Preview is not working, client disconnected
BFC
<p>I have been using Eclipse for several months to create reports. I was busy working on other tasks. Now I have come back to creating reports, and I discovered that I can not show the reports in preview and can not display the reports in the web viewer. If I copy the reports to the app server they work fine. This use to work.</p><p> </p><p>As an experiment I created a very simple report, no data source, no data set, and no parameters. It just has a label and a test item on report.</p><p> </p><p>I'm using</p><p><span style="font-size:small;">[font="arial;"][font="arial;"]<span style="font-size:10pt;">Using Eclipse for Java and Report Developers[/font][/font]</span></span></p><p><span style="font-size:small;">[font="arial;"][font="arial;"]<span style="font-size:10pt;">Indigo Service Release 2[/font][/font]</span></span></p><p> </p><p><span style="font-size:small;">[font="arial;"][font="arial;"]<span style="font-size:10pt;">When I run in debug the following text is written to the console[/font][/font]</span></span></p><p><span style="font-size:small;">[font="consolas;"][color=#FF0000;][color=#FF0000;][font="consolas;"]<span style="font-size:10pt;">Nov 18, 2013 1:05:25 PM org.eclipse.birt.report.debug.internal.core.vm.ReportVMServer start[/color][/color][/font][/font]</span></span></p><p><span style="font-size:small;">[font="consolas;"][color=#FF0000;][color=#FF0000;][font="consolas;"]<span style="font-size:10pt;">INFO: [Server] client accepted[/color][/color][/font][/font]</span></span></p><p><span style="font-size:small;">[font="consolas;"][color=#FF0000;][color=#FF0000;][font="consolas;"]<span style="font-size:10pt;">Nov 18, 2013 1:05:25 PM org.eclipse.birt.report.debug.internal.core.launcher.ReportLauncher configEngine[/color][/color][/font][/font]</span></span></p><p><span style="font-size:small;">[font="consolas;"][color=#FF0000;][color=#FF0000;][font="consolas;"]<span style="font-size:10pt;">INFO: User class path received: [/color][/color][/font][/font]</span></span></p><p><span style="font-size:small;">[font="consolas;"][color=#FF0000;][color=#FF0000;][font="consolas;"]<span style="font-size:10pt;">Nov 18, 2013 1:05:28 PM org.eclipse.birt.report.debug.internal.core.vm.ReportVMServer$1 run[/color][/color][/font][/font]</span></span></p><p><span style="font-size:small;">[font="consolas;"][color=#FF0000;][color=#FF0000;][font="consolas;"]<span style="font-size:10pt;">WARNING: [Server] client disconnected[/color][/color][/font][/font]</span></span>.</p><p> </p><p><span style="font-size:small;">[font="arial;"][font="arial;"]<span style="font-size:10pt;">View in web viewer shows the icons, but the report area is blank[/font][/font]</span></span></p><p>Preview is blank</p><p><span style="font-size:small;">[font="arial;"][font="arial;"]<span style="font-size:10pt;">No problems listed[/font][/font]</span></span></p><p> </p><p>Any ideas what happened?</p><p> </p><p>Thanks</p><p>Bob</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p>What OS are you developing on?</p>
BFC
<p>Windows 7, Enterprise, Service Pack 1</p>
birtprofi
<p>Do you use Internet Explorer 11? Actually Eclipse don´t work with IE 11</p><p> </p><p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/30484-birt-report-not-running-in-eclipse-after-update-to-windows-81/'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/30484-birt-report-not-running-in-eclipse-after-update-to-windows-81/</a></p>
;
BFC
<p>Thank you. Yes, I have Internet Explorer 11.</p>
BFC
<p>I went back to IE 10. BIRT preview and display in the web viewer work great.</p><p> </p><p>Thanks!</p>
kclark
<p>
@BFC
-- can you add your console output to this <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=422085'>bug?</a></p>
;
BFC
<p>This is interesting, view in web viewer and preview work fine. When I select either of these nothing is written to the console. When I run in debug I get the following written to the console</p><p> </p><p>[color=#000000;][font="consolas;"]<span style="font-size:10pt;">Nov 25, 2013 7:53:34 AM org.eclipse.birt.report.debug.internal.core.vm.ReportVMServer start[/color][/font]</span></p><p>[color=#000000;][font="consolas;"]<span style="font-size:10pt;">INFO: [Server] client accepted[/color][/font]</span></p><p>[color=#000000;][font="consolas;"]<span style="font-size:10pt;">Nov 25, 2013 7:53:34 AM org.eclipse.birt.report.debug.internal.core.vm.ReportVMServer$1 run[/color][/font]</span></p><p>[color=#000000;][font="consolas;"]<span style="font-size:10pt;">INFO: [Server] enter request dispatching[/color][/font]</span></p><p>[color=#000000;][font="consolas;"]<span style="font-size:10pt;">Nov 25, 2013 7:53:34 AM org.eclipse.birt.report.debug.internal.core.launcher.ReportLauncher configEngine[/color][/font]</span></p><p>[color=#000000;][font="consolas;"]<span style="font-size:10pt;">INFO: User class path received: [/color][/font]</span></p><p>[color=#000000;][font="consolas;"]<span style="font-size:10pt;">Nov 25, 2013 7:53:37 AM org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.profile.provider.ProfilePropertyProviderImpl getConnectionProfile[/color][/font]</span></p><p>[color=#000000;][font="consolas;"]<span style="font-size:10pt;">WARNING: No connection profile is found by its specified name: null[/color][/font]</span></p><p>[color=#000000;][font="consolas;"]<span style="font-size:10pt;">Nov 25, 2013 7:53:38 AM org.eclipse.birt.report.debug.internal.core.vm.ReportVMServer$1 run[/color][/font]</span></p><p>[color=#000000;][font="consolas;"]<span style="font-size:10pt;">WARNING: [Server] client disconnected[/color][/font]</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><p>[color=#000000;][font="consolas;"]<span style="font-size:10pt;">Program exists, nothing is displayed[/color][/font]</span></p>