Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Understanding the error messages sent by BIRT
GoranG
<p>Hello.</p><p> </p><p>I have to change existing BIRT reports that were developed by someone else. Now, the trick is that the outcome looks perfect. There is only one problem: report generation always throws a Null Pointer Exception. No one really paid attention to this, until now.</p><p> </p><p>The log says:</p><pre class="_prettyXprint">2013-11-20 11:41:48,452 ERROR [STDERR] 20.11.2013 11:41:48 org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.script.internal.DtEScriptExecutor handleJSWARNUNG: nulljava.lang.NullPointerExceptionat org.mozilla.javascript.NativeJavaObject.coerceTypeImpl(NativeJavaObject.java:618)at org.mozilla.javascript.Context.jsToJava(Context.java:1716)at org.mozilla.javascript.NativeJavaMethod.call(NativeJavaMethod.java:213)at org.mozilla.javascript.optimizer.OptRuntime.call2(OptRuntime.java:76)at org.mozilla.javascript.gen.c1017._c1(:10)at org.mozilla.javascript.gen.c1017.call()at org.mozilla.javascript.optimizer.OptRuntime.callName0(OptRuntime.java:108)at org.mozilla.javascript.gen.c61._c0(:0)at org.mozilla.javascript.gen.c61.call()at org.mozilla.javascript.ContextFactory.doTopCall(ContextFactory.java:398)at org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.doTopCall(ScriptRuntime.java:3065)at org.mozilla.javascript.gen.c61.call()at org.mozilla.javascript.gen.c61.exec()at org.eclipse.birt.core.script.JavascriptEvalUtil.evaluateRawScript(JavascriptEvalUtil.java:95)at org.eclipse.birt.core.script.JavascriptEvalUtil.evaluateScript(JavascriptEvalUtil.java:134)at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.script.ScriptEvalUtil.evaluateJSAsExpr(ScriptEvalUtil.java:769)at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.script.JSMethodRunner.runScript(JSMethodRunner.java:76)at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.script.internal.DtEScriptExecutor.handleJS(DtEScriptExecutor.java:90)at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.script.internal.DataSourceScriptExecutor.handleJS(DataSourceScriptExecutor.java:169)at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.script.internal.ScriptDataSourceScriptExecutor.handleOpen(ScriptDataSourceScriptExecutor.java:58)at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.ScriptDataSourceRuntime.open(ScriptDataSourceRuntime.java:87)at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.ScriptDataSourceRuntime.openOdiDataSource(ScriptDataSourceRuntime.java:65)at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.QueryExecutor.openDataSource(QueryExecutor.java:405)at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.QueryExecutor.prepareExecution(QueryExecutor.java:315)at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedQuery.doPrepare(PreparedQuery.java:448)at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedDataSourceQuery.produceQueryResults(PreparedDataSourceQuery.java:190)at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedDataSourceQuery.execute(PreparedDataSourceQuery.java:178)at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.adapter.impl.DataRequestSessionImpl.execute(DataRequestSessionImpl.java:560)at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.data.dte.DteDataEngine.doExecuteQuery(DteDataEngine.java:152)at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.data.dte.AbstractDataEngine.execute(AbstractDataEngine.java:265)at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ExecutionContext.executeQuery(ExecutionContext.java:1875)at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.QueryItemExecutor.executeQuery(QueryItemExecutor.java:80)at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.DataItemExecutor.execute(DataItemExecutor.java:75)at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.dup.SuppressDuplicateItemExecutor.execute(SuppressDuplicateItemExecutor.java:43)at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.wrap.WrappedReportItemExecutor.execute(WrappedReportItemExecutor.java:46)at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.l18n.LocalizedReportItemExecutor.execute(LocalizedReportItemExecutor.java:34)at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLAbstractLM.traverse(HTMLAbstractLM.java:438)at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLAbstractLM.traverse(HTMLAbstractLM.java:439)at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLAbstractLM.traverse(HTMLAbstractLM.java:439)at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLAbstractLM.traverse(HTMLAbstractLM.java:439)at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLAbstractLM.traverse(HTMLAbstractLM.java:439)at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLAbstractLM.traverse(HTMLAbstractLM.java:439)at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLAbstractLM.handleVisibility(HTMLAbstractLM.java:372)at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLAbstractLM.layout(HTMLAbstractLM.java:123)at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLBlockStackingLM.layoutNodes(HTMLBlockStackingLM.java:70)at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLPageLM.layout(HTMLPageLM.java:90)at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLReportLayoutEngine.layout(HTMLReportLayoutEngine.java:99)at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.doRun(RunAndRenderTask.java:170)at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.run(RunAndRenderTask.java:75)</pre><p>I would like to get rid of this error, or at least understand where it happens. How can I try to find out what is going on? </p><p>We are using a scripted data source</p><p> </p><p>Thanks,</p><p>G</p><p> </p><p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
GoranG
<p>Hi.</p><p> </p><p>Again, I found the solution by trial-and-error approach. </p><p> </p><p>For anyone else trying to understand this, I will explain how proceeded.</p><p>Crucial error line is</p><pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-">at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.QueryExecutor.openDataSource(QueryExecutor.java:405)</pre><p>which told me there is something wrong in the data source. Because I know of nothing better, I put the </p><pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-">Packages.java.lang.System.out.println("Line 1");</pre><p>into every line of code in "Data Sources -> Scripted Data Source -> (script) Open". Of course I numbered the lines. This way I pinpointed the problematic line and handled it in the code. </p><p> </p><p>If the administrator think this topic is of no importance, you can remove it.</p><p> </p><p>Cheers,</p><p>G</p>