Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Zoom Implementation
GautamK
<p>Hi,</p><p> I wanted to implement zoom functionality for Birt Reports. I have large set of data which cannot be viewed clearly unless it has functionality like zoom. Was checking in forums related to this.</p><p> </p><p>Found this webinar Birt Makes Impossible Possible where zoom was implemented.</p><p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://pages.actuate.com/WSEM-Q313-NAO-BIRT101_ArchiveThankyou.html?aliId=11254960'>http://pages.actuate.com/WSEM-Q313-NAO-BIRT101_ArchiveThankyou.html?aliId=11254960</a></p><p> </p><p>It
would be great if someone could tell me how to implement this.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p>There are a couple of ways you could do something like this. If you wanted to have a maximum zoom of say 3x then you could create three charts and then hide them using the bookmarks. Then you could write some html in a text item with some radio buttons that allow you users to select what level of zoom they want hiding everything except their selection.</p>
GautamK
<p>Any Sample Design file can you post?</p>
kclark
<p>Instead of having three different charts and using bookmarks I used a drill through link on the chart. Take a look at my example.</p>
GautamK
<p>Clark,</p><p> Example you posted is drill-through to another report. This would not meet my requirement. As posted in my previous post about zoom feature(webinar link) we need to click certain portion of the line chart, it expands in the same page to give a better view of the data.</p><p> </p><p>Data which is being shown in my reports too is quite huge. Something similar to webinar demo example will help me a lot</p>
kclark
<p>Here's another example that makes use of the bookmarks. It's a little rough but it should give you an idea of how it can be done this way. What version of BIRT are you using? I'll see if I can't write a better example for you too.</p>
GautamK
<p>I'm using Birt 4.2.1. In example mentioned above we need to select zoom options to view only the data made available to that particular zoom option. This would hide rest of data which is not related to this zoom. Ideally in real time scenarios end user may not know which zoom option they need to select to view particular portion of data. Click on the portion of chart to elaborate it is what I'm preferring. As data would be overlapped if huge data is presented, i'm preferring to just click on that portion and it elaborates. Much similar to webinar demo i'm preferring</p>
GautamK
<p>Can anyone check this post?</p>