Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
add strips to Birt Report
kosalayb
<p><span>Hi there,
I have 5 rows of data and they are displayed on a Birt report. I am using Total.runningCount()%2 =0 condition to highlight rows of odd indexes.
I like to add empty rows and highlighting rows of odd indexes until end of the page.
How can I do this ?</span></p><p> </p><p><span>Any help is appriciated.
Cheers,</span></p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p>To highlight the odd row you can create a highlight rule on the table similar to this</p><pre class="_prettyXprint">row.__rownum%2 equal to 1</pre><p>And to add empty rows you could add another row under the detail row of your table and add a blank label to it.</p>
dolnz
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm new to BIRT reports and needed to strip the odd/even rows for a report I'm creating.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Both of the methods above work well. To better understand what they do, would it be possible to explain the syntax of the code in each example.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Most obliged.</p>
JFreeman
<p>The %2 syntax is a Modulus Operator that returns the division remainder of dividing the value by 2.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>In more detail, in the Example from Kirs, any row that is an odd number will have a remainder of 1 when divided by 2 which is how you can identify odd numbered rows.</p>
dolnz
<p>Really helpful. Thanks for the quick reply.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Cheers.</p>
JFreeman
<p>Glad I could help.</p>
<p>Let us know if you have any additional questions.</p>