Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to store RPTDocument at a particular location?
Shuanak17
<p>Hi All,</p><p> </p><p>I want to store the RPTDocument at a particular location in the application so it can be reused to regenerate the report. Can someone guide me on how to do this? </p><p> </p><p>Thanks,</p><p>-Shaunak.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Shuanak17
<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>I got this one just specify the path for BIRT_VIEWER_DOCUMENT_FOLDER in web.xml like below:</p><p> </p><div><context-param></div><div> <param-name>BIRT_VIEWER_DOCUMENT_FOLDER</param-name></div><div> <param-value>../../../../../../conf/birt-templates</param-value></div><div></context-param></div><div> </div><div>However it creates its own directory structure like:</div><div> </div><div>BIRTDOCCl-ysKvPerooKHsJhzYKtIu5</div><div> --> 20131121_132410_467</div><div> --> birt-templates</div><div> -->Fabric_Summary_Report.rptdocument</div><div> </div><div>I want to know if we can create our own directory structure and our name for the rptdocument file.</div><div> </div><div>Thanks,</div><div>-Shaunak</div>
mwilliams
<p>Try adding something like this to your URL:</p><p> </p><p>&__document=/documents/myDocument.rptdocument</p>
Shuanak17
<p>HI Michael,</p><p> </p><p>Thank you for your suggestion. The saving of rptDocument with ablove mentioned URL change works absolutely fine. However I need some more tips for the drill down reports. In the drill down link that gets generated, I want to add below,</p><p> </p><p>[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;]"&__document=/documents/myDocument.rptdocument" to the URL.[/color]</p><p> </p><p>[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;]Can you please suggest me a way to do this through the designer?[/color]</p><p> </p><p>[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;]Thanks and Regards,[/color]</p><p>[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;]-Shaunak.[/color]</p>
mwilliams
<p>One way would be to create your drill down URL on your own in a text control rather than using the hyperlink option in the property editor.</p>