Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT Design question- multiple sql queries in one report, one dataSet
amw2326
<p> I'm converting an Actuate report. In the Actuate report there is a sql query in the DataStream section. There is a second MRO connection in the Fetch() method that has a second sql query. I'm trying to replicate this. What is the best way to go about it? </p><p>Is there a place to run a second sql query in a BIRT report? I've never used afterOpen, beforeClose, or any of these scripts. </p><p> </p><p>Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. </p><p> </p><p>Thanks!</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>So for every row you are doing another query? You have two choices:</p><p>1. Use a joined dataset.</p><p>2. Use a nested table. There should be some example on the DevShare for how to do this.</p><p> </p><p>P.S. There is a specific forum for Maximo BIRT questions.</p>
amw2326
<p>I didn't realize, thanks! It's more like, they want to run a query, then after the query is run (separate from the original query) they want to run another query. So it's not per row of the original query. I'll check out the Forum for Maximo BIRT related questions. Thanks again!</p>
micajblock
<p>In BIRT data sets get executed one after the other. Additionally they will be only executed if they are used. So you can simply have two tables one after the other and the datasets will be executed one after the other.</p>
amw2326
<p>I believe that was just what I needed to know! Thank you!</p>