Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Integrating Google Maps with BIRT
mihika.shah
<p>Hi..</p><p> </p><p>I'm new to BIRT technology. I have learned the basics of creating reports in BIRT with the functionality like lists, sorting, subreports, grouping, charts etc.</p><p> </p><p>Now I want to learn how we can embed scripting in reports. Actually the aim is I want to integrate Google Maps with BIRT. I want to create a report which contains a chart and a google map. And the chart values for the locations will be displayed on google map.</p><p> </p><p>I'm confused where to start with scripting and where to write all the scripts.</p><p> </p><p>How should I proceed? Please guide me on this.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p>Take a look at <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/design-center/creating-birt-designs/scripting/'>these
guide</a> they are a good resource for scripting.</p>
mihika.shah
<p>Can anybody send me the sample .rptdesign file for the basics of scripts? So that I can have a better idea.</p>
BRM
<p>There's a package on BIRT marketplace that contains all the scripts and 4 or 5 sample reports. Unfortunately BIRT marketplace seems to be undergoing a change right now. Check back at <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/marketplace/'>http://developer.actuate.com/marketplace/</a></p><p> </p><p>In
the meantime I have attached an <span class='bbc_underline'><strong>old</strong></span> version of the package. I haven't used the maps report libraries in a while so these are probably not current. But they should give you something to work with until marketplace in back up and running</p>
mihika.shah
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BRM" data-cid="122910" data-time="1386372852"><div><p>There's a package on BIRT marketplace that contains all the scripts and 4 or 5 sample reports. Unfortunately BIRT marketplace seems to be undergoing a change right now. Check back at <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/marketplace/'>http://developer.actuate.com/marketplace/</a></p><p> </p><p>In
the meantime I have attached an <span class='bbc_underline'><strong>old</strong></span> version of the package. I haven't used the maps report libraries in a while so these are probably not current. But they should give you something to work with until marketplace in back up and running</p></div></blockquote><p>Sorry but I'm not able to find the attached file. Do I have the access to the file?</p>