Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Interactive features in PDF output
JonnyL
<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>I have a report with a text element that has a hyperlink that links to a table in the same report. Is it possible to add script to the hyperlink to pass a parameter to the table. The report output must be PDF and the table the element links to must reside in the same report - I cannot link to another report.</p><p> </p><p>Basically what I want is</p><p>1. Add text element with value 'Show details'</p><p>2. On click of text element display the table of details</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>Thanks</p><p> </p><p>Jon</p><p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p>Take a look at the example I attached and let me know how close it is to what you're needing. I created two tables. The first one has customer information and is grouped on customernumber which is invisible. The second table is nested in the group footer. I used drill through links to pass data back to the same report in a hidden parameter. Then depending on what customer was selected the details for that customer appear below in the same table. This works with the Web Viewer and PDF. The only thing with PDF is that it opens a new PDF each time a customer is selected.</p>
JonnyL
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="kclark" data-cid="122907" data-time="1386349795"><div><p>Take a look at the example I attached and let me know how close it is to what you're needing. I created two tables. The first one has customer information and is grouped on customernumber which is invisible. The second table is nested in the group footer. I used drill through links to pass data back to the same report in a hidden parameter. Then depending on what customer was selected the details for that customer appear below in the same table. This works with the Web Viewer and PDF. The only thing with PDF is that it opens a new PDF each time a customer is selected.</p></div></blockquote><p>Hi Kristopher,</p><p> </p><p>Your solution sounds like a possible fix for my issue. Unfortunately I could not download the attachment master_report.rptdesign, I got error message that the attachment could not be found. </p><p> </p><p>Could you email the report to me at zonker@ozemail.com.au</p><p> </p><p>Thanks</p><p> </p><p>Jon</p>