Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Queries on BIRT controls
tapan.sharma
<p>Hi Team,</p><p> </p><p>I am new to BIRT and analysing it's features. I have following queries:</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>1. What are the steps to deploy the app on server?</p><p> </p><p>2. Is it possible to create the .war file of BIRT app and deploy it? Is Jetty server supported by BIRT?</p><p> </p><p>3. Can we directly access the BIRT/Actuate analytics controls, embed them in our web application and associate the data with them?</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>Regards</p><p>Tapan</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
<p>1: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/deployment-center/deployment-guides/birt-engine-and-sample-viewer/'>http://developer.actuate.com/deployment-center/deployment-guides/birt-engine-and-sample-viewer/</a></p><p>2
: There is a war file of the open-source viewer in the runtime download. The internal server that runs the viewer, in BIRT, is Jetty.</p><p>3: Are you using open-source BIRT?</p>
tapan.sharma
<p>Thanks Mike,</p><p> </p><p>I am now somewhat familiar with BIRT and able to design, pass parameters (using both Java code and command line). I downloaded BIRT Designer Pro.</p><p> </p><p>Need some more inputs from you.</p><p> </p><p>I want following scenario:</p><p> </p><p>1. User should be able to design schema based on some mock fields. These fields could be coming from mock data source or may be self designed. For my PoC, I have created the schema using oda sampledb driver (classic).</p><p> </p><p>2. Our application will provide the data to this schema, most probably from data source.</p><p> </p><p>3. I want to override the data source connection so that actual report gets generated using my connection and not by the connection mentioned while designing the report.</p><p> </p><p>I went through some of the links but was not able to achieve the same.</p><p> </p><p>I used (<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
https://wiki.eclipse.org/Java_-_Execute_Modified_Report_(BIRT)'>https://wiki.eclipse.org/Java_-_Execute_Modified_Report_(BIRT)</a>)
link.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>Please suggest the correct procedure to follow.</p><p> </p><p>And tried to override the ODA parameters like this:</p><pre class="_prettyXprint">OdaDataSourceHandle dsHandle = (OdaDataSourceHandle) designHandle.getDataSources().get(0); dsHandle.setProperty( "odaDriverClass", "com.actuate.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver" ); dsHandle.setProperty( "odaURL", "jdbc:actuate:sqlserver://machinename:1433/database=Samples" ); dsHandle.setProperty( "odaUser", "sa" ); dsHandle.setProperty( "odaPassword", "****" );</pre><p>Got following error:</p><p> </p><p>[color=rgb(255,0,0);font-family:sans-serif;font-size:13px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;]An exception occurred during processing. Please see the following message for details:[/color]<br />
[color=rgb(255,0,0);font-family:sans-serif;font-size:13px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;]Cannot open the connection for the driver: org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.[/color]<br />
[color=rgb(255,0,0);font-family:sans-serif;font-size:13px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;] org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCException: Cannot load JDBC Driver class: com.actuate.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver.[/color]exception.error ( 1 time(s) )<br />
[color=#ff0000;]detail : org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: An exception occurred during processing. Please see the following message for details:<br />
Cannot open the connection for the driver: org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.<br />
org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCException: Cannot load JDBC Driver class: com.actuate.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver.<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ExecutionContext.addException(ExecutionContext.java:1245)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ExecutionContext.addException(ExecutionContext.java:1224)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.QueryItemExecutor.executeQuery(QueryItemExecutor.java:96)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.TableItemExecutor.execute(TableItemExecutor.java:62)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.dup.SuppressDuplicateItemExecutor.execute(SuppressDuplicateItemExecutor.java:43)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.wrap.WrappedReportItemExecutor.execute(WrappedReportItemExecutor.java:46)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.l18n.LocalizedReportItemExecutor.execute(LocalizedReportItemExecutor.java:34)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLBlockStackingLM.layoutNodes(HTMLBlockStackingLM.java:65)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLPageLM.layout(HTMLPageLM.java:92)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLReportLayoutEngine.layout(HTMLReportLayoutEngine.java:100)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.doRun(RunAndRenderTask.java:181)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.run(RunAndRenderTask.java:77)<br />
at com.pb.birt.RunReport.main(RunReport.java:78)<br />
Caused by: org.eclipse.birt.report.data.adapter.api.AdapterException: An exception occurred during processing. Please see the following message for details:<br />
Cannot open the connection for the driver: org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.<br />
org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCException: Cannot load JDBC Driver class: com.actuate.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver.<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.adapter.impl.DataRequestSessionImpl.execute(DataRequestSessionImpl.java:654)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.data.dte.DteDataEngine.doExecuteQuery(DteDataEngine.java:152)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.data.dte.AbstractDataEngine.execute(AbstractDataEngine.java:275)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ExecutionContext.executeQuery(ExecutionContext.java:1947)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.QueryItemExecutor.executeQuery(QueryItemExecutor.java:80)<br />
... 10 more<br />
Caused by: org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.odaconsumer.OdaDataException: Cannot open the connection for the driver: org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.<br />
org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCException: Cannot load JDBC Driver class: com.actuate.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver.<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.odaconsumer.ExceptionHandler.newException(ExceptionHandler.java:54)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.odaconsumer.ConnectionManager.openConnection(ConnectionManager.java:177)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.DataSource.newConnection(DataSource.java:224)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.DataSource.open(DataSource.java:212)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.DataSourceRuntime.openOdiDataSource(DataSourceRuntime.java:217)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.QueryExecutor.openDataSource(QueryExecutor.java:435)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.QueryExecutor.prepareExecution(QueryExecutor.java:322)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedQuery.doPrepare(PreparedQuery.java:463)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedDataSourceQuery.produceQueryResults(PreparedDataSourceQuery.java:190)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedDataSourceQuery.execute(PreparedDataSourceQuery.java:178)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedOdaDSQuery.execute(PreparedOdaDSQuery.java:154)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.adapter.impl.DataRequestSessionImpl.execute(DataRequestSessionImpl.java:634)<br />
... 14 more<br />
Caused by: org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCException: Cannot load JDBC Driver class: com.actuate.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver.<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCDriverManager.findDriver(JDBCDriverManager.java:846)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCDriverManager.loadAndRegisterDriver(JDBCDriverManager.java:951)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCDriverManager.loadAndRegisterDriver(JDBCDriverManager.java:928)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCDriverManager.doConnect(JDBCDriverManager.java:266)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCDriverManager.getConnection(JDBCDriverManager.java:232)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.Connection.connectByUrl(Connection.java:252)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.Connection.open(Connection.java:162)<br />
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.consumer.helper.OdaConnection.open(OdaConnection.java:250)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.odaconsumer.ConnectionManager.openConnection(ConnectionManager.java:165)<br />
... 24 more[/color]</p>
tapan.sharma
<p>Thanks Mike,</p><p> </p><p>I am now somewhat familiar with BIRT and able to design, pass parameters (using both Java code and command line). I downloaded BIRT Designer Pro.</p><p> </p><p>Need some more inputs from you.</p><p> </p><p>I want following scenario:</p><p> </p><p>1. User should be able to design schema based on some mock fields. These fields could be coming from mock data source or may be self designed. For my PoC, I have created the schema using oda sampledb driver (classic).</p><p> </p><p>2. Our application will provide the data to this schema, most probably from data source.</p><p> </p><p>3. I want to override the data source connection so that actual report gets generated using my connection and not by the connection mentioned while designing the report.</p><p> </p><p>I went through some of the links but was not able to achieve the same.</p><p> </p><p>I used (<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
https://wiki.eclipse.org/Java_-_Execute_Modified_Report_(BIRT)'>https://wiki.eclipse.org/Java_-_Execute_Modified_Report_(BIRT)</a>)
link.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>Please suggest the correct procedure to follow.</p><p> </p><p>And tried to override the ODA parameters like this:</p><pre class="_prettyXprint">OdaDataSourceHandle dsHandle = (OdaDataSourceHandle) designHandle.getDataSources().get(0); dsHandle.setProperty( "odaDriverClass", "com.actuate.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver" ); dsHandle.setProperty( "odaURL", "jdbc:actuate:sqlserver://machinename:1433/database=Samples" ); dsHandle.setProperty( "odaUser", "sa" ); dsHandle.setProperty( "odaPassword", "****" );</pre><p>Got following error:</p><p> </p><p>[color=rgb(255,0,0);font-family:sans-serif;font-size:13px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;]An exception occurred during processing. Please see the following message for details:[/color]<br />
[color=rgb(255,0,0);font-family:sans-serif;font-size:13px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;]Cannot open the connection for the driver: org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.[/color]<br />
[color=rgb(255,0,0);font-family:sans-serif;font-size:13px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;] org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCException: Cannot load JDBC Driver class: com.actuate.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver.[/color]exception.error ( 1 time(s) )<br />
[color=#ff0000;]detail : org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: An exception occurred during processing. Please see the following message for details:<br />
Cannot open the connection for the driver: org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.<br />
org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCException: Cannot load JDBC Driver class: com.actuate.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver.<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ExecutionContext.addException(ExecutionContext.java:1245)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ExecutionContext.addException(ExecutionContext.java:1224)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.QueryItemExecutor.executeQuery(QueryItemExecutor.java:96)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.TableItemExecutor.execute(TableItemExecutor.java:62)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.dup.SuppressDuplicateItemExecutor.execute(SuppressDuplicateItemExecutor.java:43)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.wrap.WrappedReportItemExecutor.execute(WrappedReportItemExecutor.java:46)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.l18n.LocalizedReportItemExecutor.execute(LocalizedReportItemExecutor.java:34)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLBlockStackingLM.layoutNodes(HTMLBlockStackingLM.java:65)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLPageLM.layout(HTMLPageLM.java:92)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLReportLayoutEngine.layout(HTMLReportLayoutEngine.java:100)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.doRun(RunAndRenderTask.java:181)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.run(RunAndRenderTask.java:77)<br />
at com.pb.birt.RunReport.main(RunReport.java:78)<br />
Caused by: org.eclipse.birt.report.data.adapter.api.AdapterException: An exception occurred during processing. Please see the following message for details:<br />
Cannot open the connection for the driver: org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.<br />
org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCException: Cannot load JDBC Driver class: com.actuate.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver.<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.adapter.impl.DataRequestSessionImpl.execute(DataRequestSessionImpl.java:654)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.data.dte.DteDataEngine.doExecuteQuery(DteDataEngine.java:152)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.data.dte.AbstractDataEngine.execute(AbstractDataEngine.java:275)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ExecutionContext.executeQuery(ExecutionContext.java:1947)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.QueryItemExecutor.executeQuery(QueryItemExecutor.java:80)<br />
... 10 more<br />
Caused by: org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.odaconsumer.OdaDataException: Cannot open the connection for the driver: org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.<br />
org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCException: Cannot load JDBC Driver class: com.actuate.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver.<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.odaconsumer.ExceptionHandler.newException(ExceptionHandler.java:54)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.odaconsumer.ConnectionManager.openConnection(ConnectionManager.java:177)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.DataSource.newConnection(DataSource.java:224)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.DataSource.open(DataSource.java:212)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.DataSourceRuntime.openOdiDataSource(DataSourceRuntime.java:217)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.QueryExecutor.openDataSource(QueryExecutor.java:435)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.QueryExecutor.prepareExecution(QueryExecutor.java:322)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedQuery.doPrepare(PreparedQuery.java:463)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedDataSourceQuery.produceQueryResults(PreparedDataSourceQuery.java:190)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedDataSourceQuery.execute(PreparedDataSourceQuery.java:178)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedOdaDSQuery.execute(PreparedOdaDSQuery.java:154)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.adapter.impl.DataRequestSessionImpl.execute(DataRequestSessionImpl.java:634)<br />
... 14 more<br />
Caused by: org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCException: Cannot load JDBC Driver class: com.actuate.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver.<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCDriverManager.findDriver(JDBCDriverManager.java:846)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCDriverManager.loadAndRegisterDriver(JDBCDriverManager.java:951)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCDriverManager.loadAndRegisterDriver(JDBCDriverManager.java:928)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCDriverManager.doConnect(JDBCDriverManager.java:266)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCDriverManager.getConnection(JDBCDriverManager.java:232)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.Connection.connectByUrl(Connection.java:252)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.Connection.open(Connection.java:162)<br />
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.consumer.helper.OdaConnection.open(OdaConnection.java:250)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.odaconsumer.ConnectionManager.openConnection(ConnectionManager.java:165)<br />
... 24 more[/color]</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p>
tapan.sharma
<p>Hi Mike,</p><p> </p><p>I got the issue resolved as "Class name: was wrong. Also I set</p><p><strong>conf.getAppContext().put("OdaJDBCDriverClassPath", "E:/birt/ReportEngine/sqljdbc4.jar");</strong></p><p> </p><p>Can I create the schema using static data source and provide it external data?</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>Secondly, when I tried to run and render a line chart report I got this exception:</p><p> </p><p> </p><p><strong> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.PackageNotFoundException: Package with uri 'null' not found.</strong></p><p> </p><p>Regards</p><p>Tapan</p>