<p>Hi Folks,</p><p> </p><p>I am wondering if there is a good way (user-friendly & at the same time reusable in some fashion when done for a lot of report templates) to handle the case of a report fetching no data when it executes and wanting to let the user know in a good fashion rather than displaying empty report items (like table, etc).</p><p> </p><p>I know of one way of handling this as explained in the below posts,</p><p> </p><p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://digiassn.blogspot.in/2007/03/birt-hide-report-table-when-no-data-is.html'>http://digiassn.blogspot.in/2007/03/birt-hide-report-table-when-no-data-is.html</a></p><p> </p><p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/devshare/_/designing-birt-reports/522-birt-display-no-data-when-table-is-empty-example'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/devshare/_/designing-birt-reports/522-birt-display-no-data-when-table-is-empty-example</a></p><p> </p><p>Almost all of our current report templates involve a bunch of tables (2 -3 tables). I am wondering if there is a way to include a script which can handle this (programatically) so handling this on all the reports would be easier rather than doing, say for example, the above logic manually for each report. </p><p> </p><p>For eg: Is there a way i can plug (script) into any of the report/report item events & dynamically display a label saying "No data was found" (instead of empty tables) when on generation the report fetches no data and also be able to reuse that in all the report templates.</p><p> </p><p>Thanks</p><p>Mat</p><div> </div>