Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
What BIRT release should I chose - webviewer / Birt Runtime API or something else?
Aneesh Mohan
<p>Hi,</p><p>I want to build a reporting framework around BIRT. The framework should take various parameters and then generate reports based on the parameter. Example :</p><p> </p><p>The parameter will be : </p><p>- Image name </p><p>- CSS file </p><p>- Dynamic text</p><p>-template name</p><p> </p><p>Using this parameter, report should be generated. I will also implement other things like scheduling and email functionality. I was wondering which will be better for this ? Should I use the runtime API and build the framework or should I use the BIRT viewer ? Or any other version of BIRT? </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
fmakwsi
<p>i think the best would be if you chose the birt api but should be capable with the Birt Viewer aswell. nevertheless it depends on what you wanna do with your framework, just creating reports and show them for example in a browser would be the easiest with the web viewer therefor take a look on <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://www.vogella.com/articles/EclipseBIRT/article.html'>http://www.vogella.com/articles/EclipseBIRT/article.html</a></p><p> </p><p> </p><p>feel
free to ask again</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>greetz </p><p> </p><p>Florian</p>