Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Java Print services on iServer
bgbaird
<p>I've seen several posts here and there on using Java Print Services. I'm using iServer 11sp3, and need to print on execution. Any ideas?</p><p> </p><p>Thanks, Brian</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p>Off hand I think there is a PrintReport class built into IDAPI and I'm pretty sure you can use SubmitJob if you want to generate and print the report at the same time. Take a look at <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://www.actuate.com/be/documentation/Manuals11SP3/using-iserver-integration-tech.pdf'>this
doc</a></p>
bgbaird
<p>The way the user is calling, I'm looking for a way to use it in the url (....action=print).</p>
bgbaird
<p>The PrintReport API only supports asynch ROI objects (p369). I need synch BIRT output to print (PDF, PS, HTML....)</p>
kclark
<p>You might try &operation=print in the URL. I think there also might be a way to do this with the <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/be/documentation/ihub2-web/iHub/index.html#page/ic/javascriptapi/about-JavaScriptAPI.html'>JSAPI</a>.</p>
;
kclark
<p>It won't print automatically but you can use actuate.Viewer.showPrintDialog() with the JSAPI.</p>