Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Convert Parameter Input to UpperCase for use in Crosstab Report
yus2aces
<p>I am making a crosstab report and using a parameter to filter the result. How to convert automatically the input parameter into Upper Case. I have tried using beforeOpen code below :</p><pre class="_prettyXprint">this.queryText = "SELECT * from tblA where tblA.fld1 = " + params["param1"].toUpperCase();</pre><p>The actual SQL statements is a bit different, but it's just a sample. Error shows up when I preview the result.</p><p> </p><div> </div><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote"><div>ReportDesign (id = 1):</div><div><span>+ </span>An exception occurred during processing. Please see the following message for details:
exception.error
Error happens when create hierarchy:RowGroupFruitType.NewTabularHierarchy.
Failed to prepare the query execution for the data set: DataSet
Cannot set the string value (ATS1) to parameter 1.
org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCException: Cannot set preparedStatement parameter string value.
SQL error #1:The column index is out of range: 1, number of columns: 0.</div></blockquote><div> </div><div>Please guide me how to fix this or maybe someone could give me a working samples. Thanks in advance.</div>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>try [color=rgb(0,0,136);]params[/color][color=rgb(102,102,0);]
/color][color=rgb(0,136,0);]"param1"[/color][color=rgb(102,102,0);
.value.[/color]<span>toUpperCase</span>[color=rgb(102,102,0);]();[/color]</p>
yus2aces
<p>Thank you mblock for the guidance. It worked.</p><p>But right now, I am using a different approach by making a list box that I collected from newly created data set.</p><p>Anyway, thank you so much.
</p>