Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to get the display text of parameter
jmuthuku
<p>Hi,</p><p> I have a report with a parameter and the list of values for the parameter are coming from a dataset. The parameter value is getting passed to the underlying query and report is getting generated fine. No problems there...</p><p> </p><p> I have a section in the report showing the parameters that the user selected. In that section I would like to show the 'display text' of the parameter. </p><p> </p><p> For example, the dataset returns userName (display text) and userId (param value). If I use params["User"].value in the report it is displaying the numeric ID (userId) value and not the userName that was displayed in the parameter listbox.</p><p> </p><p> Any ideas how i can get the display text and display in the report. Thanks in advance.</p><p> </p><p>- J </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
<p>Try params["User"].displayText</p>
jmuthuku
<p>hi Micheal,</p><p> Thanks for the reply. After I had posted this message I was looking around and I did find the solution you proposed (params["User"].displayText) in another forum post. I can't seem to find that post now. And as mentioned in that post it does not work in certain platforms (?).</p><p> I believe I am running into the same issue - it just shows blank when I use .displayText. Not sure how to proceed further. Any other suggestions ..?</p><p> </p><p>- J</p>
mwilliams
<p>What is your BIRT version and what is your environment?</p>
jmuthuku
<p>Hi Micheal,</p><p>The BIRT Version I am using is 3.7.2 and the environment is CentOS release 5.7 (Final).</p><p> </p><p>btw, I am using Eclipse BIRT Designer Version 4.2.1.v201209101448 Build 4.2.1.v20120912-1721 to design the reports on a Windows 7 machine.</p><p> </p><p>Please let me know if you need more information. Thanks</p><p> </p><p>- J</p>