Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
No task link in notification
jsw971
I'm trying to get iwsend_mail to include an ICC task link, like servletmail does by default. I have tried both the -u and -H options in a command line and tried using the mail_html variable as well. When I try -H or mail_html, the e-mail does get formatted into HTML, but no link is included, although according to the documentation it is supposed to be. The ICC task link shows up without any problems when I use servletmail, but I need to use iwsend_mail.. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
What version of TeamSite (including patches and service packs)?
What platform?
Are you using the OOTB version of iwsend_mail.ipl or has someone modified it?
Are you providing a -N taskname argument on the command line or the mail_taskname task level variable?
In order to supply a link to the task in the email, you need to supply the name of the task you wish to provide a link for (not the name of the task sending the email, but the name of the task [usually] following that task).
(fyi - it's CCI not ICC links)
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
jsw971
Adding the next task specification did the trick. The documentation (iwsend_mail.pdf) made no mention of this and even made it sound like providing the task name was a nice little trivial thing one might want to do in addition to providing a link to the task, which caused me to infer that it was not required. Maybe the pubs people could update the document, so idiots like me, who can't even keep their abbreviations straight, don't ask the same stupid question. ;-)
Adam Stoller
Which documentation are you looking at - the one on DevNet
http://devnet.interwoven.com/site.fcgi/techlib/049741
- where it's documented on
page 5
? or the SP3 version of the TeamSite Workflow Developer's Guide where it's the same documentation and appears in
Appendix B, page 206
? or somewhere else?
I guess, now that I look at it again, the description under
URL and HTML Formatting
does mention "
URLs can be used to provide a means for the email recipient(s) to quickly bring up the task associated with the email and/or any one of the files associated with the task for previewing.
" and the information on putting a link for the task is actually in the section immediately following that one, entitled
Next Task Information
which is where the documentation for task-urls is included - so I can see where if you stopped reading when you hit the above sentence you would get confused. Sorry about that.
I'm unable to log bugs right now, and am not sure when I'll be able to find time to fix the PDF, but I'll try to file a documentation bug on the published version of the document when I am next able to.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)