Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Custom category in bar chart - help designing
Aneesh Mohan
<p>Hi , I'm new to BIRT and having trouble designing the below report. I will explain it in a requirement perspective as I'm not yet familiar with BIRT terms. The main problem I am facing is giving custom category names like "low , high , medium"..I could only give category based on query and don't know how to give a custom label. Please go through and help.</p><p> </p><p>I have a sample data as follows : </p><p> </p><p>column name : score</p><p> </p><p>data : 19 , 29 ,10 , 12, 9 , 2 , 21 , 32</p><p> </p><p>I want to display this in a bar chart . The bar chart should have three bars. They should be labeled low , medium , high. </p><p> </p><p>Low should display the count of data which is less than 12. Medium should display the count greater than 12 but less than 18. High should display count of data greater than 18. </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
ahsiang
<p>there are a few ways to do it. The easiest being create a new column within your dataset. Define if else or switch statement for that field.</p>
BRM
<p>Where does the data come from. Defining 3 columns of data with counts would be simple if the data was in SQL. Then you could build the bar chart based on your SQL query.</p>