Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Default print of report to PDF from toolbar icon
jballnik
<p>Hi Gang,</p><p> </p><p>We have a report that is run from the tool bar that the users would like to automatically print as a PDF within Maximo 7.5.0.4. I saw previous posts regarding this where I would need to create a parameter called _format and set it to PDF. I tried that and it didn't work, plus you can not have a parameter on a report that is run from the toolbar.</p><p> </p><p>Is this even possible?</p><p> </p><p>John</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
wwilliams
<p>So adding it as a direct print on the tool bar isn't what the users wants?</p>
jballnik
<p>Yes...but isn't there a way to print it on the screen first?</p>
wwilliams
<p>Well I tried the __format parameter with 7.5.0.4 and 3.7, unfortunately it no longer works. It was an undocumented feature, but you could try IBM support.</p>
licantropo
<p>I think it is not even possible to add a report with parameter when DIrect Print or Direct Browser is selected</p>
wwilliams
<p>"I think it is not even possible to add a report with parameter when DIrect Print or Direct Browser is selected"</p><p> </p><p>There is, but it isn't pretty, Import your report and save, then trashcan the parameter and save and generate XML.</p><p>When you run the report from the toolbar, you'll get the parameter prompt from the report as you have in eclipse.</p>
licantropo
<p>What do you mean with trashcan the parameter? I am interested in how to do that.</p><p> </p><p>Thanks in advance.</p>
wwilliams
<p>In Report Administration, Under the Report Tab, Report Lookups you should see to the far right trashcan ICONS (Mark row for delete) for each parameter.</p>