Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Can't edit data set. NullPointerException
rbguy
<p>Hello,</p><p> I’m really hoping I don’t have to start all over with this report. Here's the deal:</p><p>I created a report that is somewhat complex and has several computed columns. I got this report running and it has been deployed and working fine for about a month now. </p><p> </p><p> A new requirement recently came in for this report that requires I add another computer column.</p><p>The problem is, when I pull up the Data Set editor now and click on the "Computed Columns" I get a message saying that “An error has occurred. See error log for more details. Java.lang.NullPonterException.â€</p><p>In fact, I can’t do anything with this Data Set.. No Preview Results, no Filters, no editing the SQL Query.. Everything gives me the null pointer exception. </p><p> </p><p>I tested out my SQL in SQLPlus and it’s working fine.</p><p>Attached is the full error message from the log file.</p><p> </p><p>Any ideas on what might be going on and how to fix this without starting from scratch?</p><p>Thanks!</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p>What version of BIRT are you using and are you on windows or linux? In the past with Linux I've had problems like these where the solution was as simple as restarting eclipse, I had to reinstall the BIRT plugin once too. You also might attempt making a copy of the report and then copying it into a project in a new workspace.</p>