Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Decimal problem with different Databases. Error.ReportQueryLoadingError
AlexA123
<p>Here's the error I got in my report rendering on Microsoft SQL (German):</p><p> </p><div>Table TABLE_NAME_DETAILS:</div><div>- Can not load the report query: 3263. Errors occurred when generating the report document for the report element with ID 3,263. (Element ID:3263)</div><div> </div><div>Error.ReportQueryLoadingError2 ( 1 time(s) )</div><div>detail : org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: Can not load the report query: 3263. Errors occurred when generating the report document for the report element with ID 3,263. (Element ID:3263)</div><div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.data.dte.DataPresentationEngine.doExecuteQuery(DataPresentationEngine.java:164)</div><div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.data.dte.AbstractDataEngine.execute(AbstractDataEngine.java:267)</div><div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ExecutionContext.executeQuery(ExecutionContext.java:1939)</div><div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.document.v4.ReportItemExecutor.executeQuery(ReportItemExecutor.java:412)</div><div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.document.v4.TableItemExecutor.doExecute(TableItemExecutor.java:72)</div><div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.document.v4.ReportItemExecutor.execute(ReportItemExecutor.java:294)</div><div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.document.v4.ContainerExecutor.prepareChildExecutor(ContainerExecutor.java:226)</div><div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.document.v4.ContainerExecutor.hasNextChild(ContainerExecutor.java:110)</div><div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.wrap.WrappedReportItemExecutor.hasNextChild(WrappedReportItemExecutor.java:86)</div><div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.wrap.WrappedReportItemExecutor.hasNextChild(WrappedReportItemExecutor.java:86)</div><div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLBlockStackingLM.layoutNodes(HTMLBlockStackingLM.java:62)</div><div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLStackingLM.layoutChildren(HTMLStackingLM.java:26)</div><div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLAbstractLM.layout(HTMLAbstractLM.java:140)</div><div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLInlineStackingLM.resumeLayout(HTMLInlineStackingLM.java:111)</div><div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLInlineStackingLM.layoutNodes(HTMLInlineStackingLM.java:160)</div><div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLStackingLM.layoutChildren(HTMLStackingLM.java:26)</div><div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLAbstractLM.layout(HTMLAbstractLM.java:140)</div><div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLBlockStackingLM.layoutNodes(HTMLBlockStackingLM.java:70)</div><div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLStackingLM.layoutChildren(HTMLStackingLM.java:26)</div><div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLTableLM.4:29 PM 12/18/2013LM.java:132)</div><div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLAbstractLM.layout(HTMLAbstractLM.java:140)</div><div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLBlockStackingLM.layoutNodes(HTMLBlockStackingLM.java:70)</div><div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLPageLM.layout(HTMLPageLM.java:92)</div><div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLReportLayoutEngine.layout(HTMLReportLayoutEngine.java:100)</div><div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RenderTask$PageRangeRender.render(RenderTask.java:661)</div><div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RenderTask.render(RenderTask.java:294)</div><div>at ****.internalRunAndRenderReport(SampleReportRunner.java:202)</div><div>at ...</div><div>at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)</div><div> </div><div>This error is displayed only with German DB, the same DB in English works just fine.</div><div>I started to investigate the problem and found that the problem was Decimal fields.</div><div>I used "bigint" from DB as "Decimal" in Report.</div><div>Then I changed Decimal to Integer - report works just fine on both English and German DB.</div><div>I believe the problem is "inner parsing" which Birt doing to the Decimal fields which probably based on Locale and somehow if the DB in German - the thing which is coming from DB has "comma", but in English DB it's "dot".</div><div>Now I'm confused, because I can not leave it as Integer (the bigint from DB can be longer then Integer), but the Decimal does not work with German DB at all.</div><div>Can someone explain me what should I do at the report if the client locale probably expects "dot", but gets "comma" from the German DB.</div><div>I use Birt 4.2.2.</div><div>Build id: v20130206</div><div> </div><div> </div><div> </div>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p>I don't have a db set up like this to test on, why don't you being the field into a computed column. Then do the conversion to a decimal field from there and have BIRT handle the localization?</p>