Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Converting Actuate reports to BIRT trouble
amw2326
<p>Hi all,</p><p> </p><p>I am working on converting some Actuate reports to BIRT. The one I am asking about in particular updates the database from the report. </p><p> </p><p>In Actuate the report runs a database query, then in onRead it sets up some variables (for example prefix, suffix, wonumber, etc). Then in the Fetch method it calls a custom method, updateDB(prefix,suffix,wonumber). The updateDB method then sets up a connection, sets a string for the update, and closes the connection. </p><p> </p><p>I am trying to recreate this in BIRT. I am not sure the best way to go about this. Any ideas/suggestions? </p><p> </p><p>Any help would be much appreciated.</p><p> </p><p>Happy Holidays!</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
wwilliams
<p>Well the first gotcha is that you want to make sure no one is able to export from the viewer. (Or code it not to update based on output) The report actually runs again, say if a user chooses to export to a pdf the report is re-run.</p><p> </p><p>There is a section in the V7.5 report development guide "Miscellaneous Features" Database Update Functionality</p>
micajblock
<p>What exactly does this update do? In other words what are you trying to accomplish with this database update?</p><p> </p><p>BTW, are you aware you can run the Actuate Reports in Maximo 7.5 using ERI and purchasing Actuate BIRT?</p><p> </p><p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/deployment-center/integrating-birt-into-applications/birt-with-maximo/'>http://developer.actuate.com/deployment-center/integrating-birt-into-applications/birt-with-maximo/</a></p>
;
amw2326
<p>Thank you both for your responses! I found them both useful.</p>
amw2326
<p>WWilliams,</p><p> </p><p>I am curious about your solutions for the exporting report issue with reports that insert. Do you know how to remove the export report icon for specific reports? What exactly do you mean by '[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;]code it not to update based on output'? [/color]</p><p> </p><p>[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;]Any help you could give in this situation would be helpful. Thanks![/color]</p>
wwilliams
<p>I don't know how to remove the export ICON for specific reports, but worth looking into.</p><p>>What exactly do you mean by '[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;]code it not to update based on output'? [/color]</p><p>[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;]With some help from the smarter Williams, Michael I came up with this in my before factory[/color]</p><p> </p><p> if(reportContext.getHttpServletRequest().getAttribute("attributeBean").format != "html" ){<br />
reportContext.getDesignHandle().findElement("mainSet").drop();<br />
flag = 1;<br />
}<br />
}</p><p> </p><p>mainSet is the name I gave the table.</p><p>If the user attempts to export, they will get a blank report with the text "This report cannot be exported"</p><p>Seems to do the job.</p>
amw2326
<p>Thanks so much for this! I will try it now:)</p><p> </p><p>Also just a heads up, I found the ToolbarFragment.jsp where the icon is located, but removing that would mean removing it from all of the reports, and I'm not sure that's what the client is looking for. I also haven't tested it to be sure it would work either.. Just for your reference! It's located in maximo, in a jar file called com.ibm.tivoli.maximo.report.birt.viewer_1.0.0.jar. </p><p> </p><p>Thanks again!</p>