Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
IW WEBD
pawanjit
We found following error in our iw-webd logs:
Server ran out of threads to serve requests. Consider raising the ThreadsPerChild setting
What does this mean? How can we increase ThreadsPerChild setting for iw-webd (or if we should do it at all). What could be potential problems if we increase the setting.
Other than the error mentioned above, we have also see "couldn't spawn child process" error many times. Is this error significant? What does it mean?
Thanks!!!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
That is defined in:
./iw-webd/conf/httpd.conf: ThreadsPerChild 50
which is generated from httpd.conf.template
what the impact of making the change is, I do not know.
BTW, what platform ? You may want to run this by support
as well. I searched our error logs & never saw this message.
HTH
ANdy
Migrateduser
Please open a support case. iwwebd is a key component of TeamSite, and if it's not getting enough threads this could cause problems.
regards,
lissa
Adam Stoller
Please verify that the machine you are using for TeamSite meets the minimum sizing requirements as specified in the TeamSite Administrator's Guide.
Also - please verify whether you have any other [significant] applications running on your TeamSite server (databases, application servers, monitoring tools, etc.) - In general the server for TeamSite should be dedicated to TeamSite and nothing else.
Too little memory / too many applications trying to share the memory are reasons why you would normally get error messages about being unable to spawn processes.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
UpdatePDFAttachment.dcpackage.zip
output_11111.pdf
rodigz
Hi,
I can't start Temasite 6.0. I've checked the error log.
Interwoven Web Daemon starting ...
ERROR: Failed to start Interwoven Web Daemon.
2004] [warn] module mod_fastcgi.c is already added, skipping
Syntax error on line 449 of /iw-home/iw-webd/conf/httpd.conf:
ProxyRemote takes two arguments, a scheme, partial URL or '*' and a proxy server
/iw-home/iw-webd/bin/iw.webd start: iwwebd could not be started
I'm running also oracle in the same system.
Is my error related to memory issue?
Pls. advise.
regards.
gzevin
have you made any changes to httpd.conf.template?
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
rodigz
I did not.. See attached file.
Adam Stoller
It could be a memory issue, it could also be a port issue.
Generally, it is NOT recommended to run other application servers on the same machine as the TeamSite server -- this 'rule' can be bent a bit depending on the hardware and software in question.
I'd suggest you contact Support to see if they can walk you through the process of determining the cause of the problem.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com