Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to update the default Report Parameter value
buel2
<p>Hello community members,</p><p> </p><p>I want my report to 'remember' with which parameter it was refreshed the last time by updating the default Report Parameter value with the value the user had entered.</p><p> </p><p>So the next time the user refreshes the report he/she can see with which parameter it was last refreshed.</p><p>How to do this?</p><p> </p><p>Thanks in advance,</p><p>Bud</p><p>(3 months of exprience with BIRT)</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Leom
<p>I am also interested in this topic .. as I have been asked to "recall" a users previous parameter selections each time</p><p>they re-run a report. I am guessing that would involve scripts and cookies.</p>
kclark
<p>You can set the value as a cookie. Are you using the default parameter page or writing a custom jsp page for your parameters? Writing a custom page would make it easier to do this.</p>
buel2
<p>Hi Kristopher,</p><p> </p><p>Thanks for your reply. I am using the default parameter page. As mentioned, I am a newbie in using BIRT. Also I have no knowlegde of how to 'set the value as a cookie'. But I think that this solution will only work if the report is used by only one user which is not the case.</p>
Jenkinsj5
<p><span style="font-size:10.5pt;">[font="arial, sans-serif;"][color=rgb(34,34,34);]I explored a similar issue, I have not implemented it yet but the train of thought is here [/color][/font]</span></p><p> </p><p> [color=rgb(0,176,80);font-family:Calibri, 'sans-serif';font-size:11pt;]<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/index.php/topic/28375-can-i-use-cookies-to-recall-user-selected-parameters-from-last-visit/'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/index.php/topic/28375-can-i-use-cookies-to-recall-user-selected-parameters-from-last-visit/</a>
; [/color]</p>