Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Create Rank from Crosstab Grand Total
yus2aces
I have a crosstab report with grand total. I want to know how we can rank a grand total value. The sample crosstab :
Name Val1 val2 Val3 Grand Total
S1 10 5 15 30
S2 5 15 10 30
S3 8 17 5 30
S4 10 5 5 20
How to create a Rank field beside Grand Total column, rank from the highest score to the lowest.
I don't know whether it is possible or not, just using BIRT.
BTW I am using PostgreSQL. If not possible in BIRT, maybe some guidance to do it within PostgreSql.
I hope someone can spare his/her time guiding me to the light.
Thank you in advance.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Hans_vd
<p>Hi </p><p> </p><p>PostgreSQL has a rank function: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/tutorial-window.html'>http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/tutorial-window.html</a></p><p> </p><p>You
could use that value in a FIRST function in the crosstab</p>