Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Displaying or inserting pages dynamicly
rhauschildt
<p>I am having trouble coming up with a solution to a pay slip report that must allow spill over. The catch is that each page needs to have an address printed on the back of it. So I need a way to dynamicly insert a page with an address and nothing else every other page. So when the pay slip is printed they will print double sided and the play slip is on one side and the mailing address is on the other and then if there is spill over a second payslip is printed and the same address is printed on the back.</p><p> </p><p>I have been able to create this but only as a fixed number of pages which would create a lot of waste. I need a way to insert those extra pages with the addresses on them inbetween the payslip and its spill over (if there is any).</p><p> </p><p>I was thinking this could possibly be done in the script withe JavaScript? or strategically place page breaks</p><p> </p><p>Its an odd situation but any thoughts, comments or advice would be greatly appricated!</p><p> </p><p>thanks in advance,</p><p> </p><p>Ryan</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>This DevShare might give you ideas</p><p> </p><p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/devshare/_/designing-birt-reports/1306-duplex-printing'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/devshare/_/designing-birt-reports/1306-duplex-printing</a></p>
;
rhauschildt
<p>Its a good thought and I think i might try some things i got from it but i think it address the real issue I'm having. The issue being able to insert a page in the middle of the out put of a row in a table.</p><p> </p><p>When the data in the table spills over onto the next page i need to be able to dymanicly insert a page bettween the page the table starts on and the page it spills on to allowing the use of double sided printing to print the address on the back of every page. Logically i dont see how it could work but I know there are a lot of people out there that have done some very complicated stuff so maybe there is a chance.</p>