Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Logging loading times of a report on a Tomcat server
Max Bo
<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>I am deploying my BIRT reports with the Birt Viewer on an Apache Tomcat server. Is there any chance to measure and log the time it takes from opening the URL for the report until it is completly processed and presented on the screen?</p><p> </p><p>As far as I can see, I can read from the Tomcat access log when a report has been called but not how long it took to completely render it. is this correct or am I missing here something?</p><p> </p><p>Thanks for any hint!</p><p> </p><p>Max</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Max Bo
<p>Nobody got an idea?</p>
mwilliams
<p>One way to track the time it takes to run the report would be to write out to your log file from the script within your BIRT design. You could check the current time in the initialize or beforeFactory script, then compare in the afterRender and write out the difference.</p>
Max Bo
<p>Hi Michael,</p><p> </p><p>Thanks for the hint! Do have an example at hand how to write to a text file?</p><p> </p><p>Max</p>