Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Custom Menu Item
GodBlessMe
Hi.
I want to create a custom menu item which will invoke a JSP page. Can anyone guide me how to do this?
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
I am not sure you can set it up to call the JSP directly (it may be possible but I haven't tried), but you could write a few lines of CGI that would take the required parameters passed by Interwoven and append them to the URL of the JSP page and redirect to that URL, or create a hidden form with the required parameters and do a javascript form.submit to the JSP page.
tvaughan
When you say "invoke a JSP" page, do you mean that when the user clicks "File-->Your_Custom_Page", they'll be directed to your JSP?
If so, I'd create a custom menu item cgi like normal (stick it in $IWHOME/httpd/iw-bin) use a redirect to forward to a URL containing the name of your JSP.
If you're thinking about hosting your JSP off the TomCat server that comes with TeamSite, I'm not sure how to do that. I've had problems just placing a JSP in the $IWHOME/httpd/webapp directory and getting it to render-- you typically need to run the install_webaps.ipl to get the JSP moved into one of TeamSite's war files.
If, on the other hand, you're running a preview server on :8001, it would be a pretty straight forward matter to get your JSP hosted off that instance.
It would also help if you clarified a little more about what exactly it is you want to do.
Tom
Migrateduser
I create a directory under IWHOME/httpd/webapps/webdesk for my JSPs and I don't have any problems calling them (except to update them I have to restart Tomcat - I am looking for a way around that). I put all my packages under IWHOME/httpd/webapps/webdesk/WEB-INF/classes and there are no classpath issues. A change to the packages also requires a Tomcat restart until I find a better solution.
GodBlessMe
I'm trying this code:
#!/interwoven/iw-home/iw-perl/bin/iwperl
use TeamSite::CGI_lite;
use TeamSite::Config;
print "Content-type: text/html\n
<html>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<script language =Javascript>
this.window.self.close();
window.open('test.jsp', 'kk', 'fullscreen=no,toolbar=yes,status=yes,menubar=yes,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,directories=yes,location=yes')
</script>
<HR>
</BODY></html>
";
GodBlessMe
Can I restrict the access of a custom menu item to only a particular branch and only to a limited user?
Migrateduser
You can restrict by role, not by branch or username. You could put the restriction code in the custom menu item code (throw an error message if the wrong user attempts to access it).
Migrateduser
another main problem is, that your script can be called by the url. i suggest that you use a cookie control and a Enviroment-Control