Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Switching between Master Pages within report
rdpeterson
<p>I have a series of separate reports that users often want to run at the same time. They currently must find the link for each report in the list, enter the parameter (RFQ number common to all reports), and run each report separately. This is time consuming. I have begun to create a modified version of the "main" form that includes the forms commonly used with it. I added each additional form to the "main" form by simply copying its parent table element, the corresponding query, and its master page (if different from what's already been added) to the "main" report. I sequentially add the new forms to the "main" form file in this manner. If the new form I'm adding uses a different master page than the previous form, I invoke the following statement in the actions on render of the parent table object for the form: this.getStyle().masterPage = "{new master page object name}"; Thus far I've combined (4) additional forms into the main report file, and it prints perfectly in PDF output mode when run in the BIRT designer. However, the "this.getStyle().masterPage" statement in the form aforementioned parent tables appears to be ignored when the report is run in Maximo 7.5x. </p><p> </p><p>Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you.</p><p> </p><p>[color=#ff0000;]Addendum: Further searching in this forum led me to a helpful article and the solution was much simpler than mine. One needs to simply go to the Page Break tab for each table and select the desired master page from that drop down list of items included in the report design file. This works in BIRT and Maximo.[/color]</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet