Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
template based email documentation
kellyrmilligan
Is there any other documenation besides the 7 page pdf that is provided in the tech library? That thing provides you with none of the details you really need, such as
what are all the pieces of information you can get from iw_value?
what do the url's need to be for images to be displayed correctly in the email? I used the example, and none of the images are displayed but are where they are supposed to be.
what is the number for the task array? Is the first task just 0? and then on down the line?
I don't think I am alone when I say that there is little documentaion on this powerful feature of interwoven.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Kelly - email me and I can give you some more info. I sent you a private message - I think I can get you what you need to get going on this.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
kellyrmilligan
My main problem right now is that I can't seem to pick up the task id for transitioning a task through a link in email.... here is the code(from the sample tpl)
<a href="<iw_value name="$url_web"/>/transitiontask?taskid=<iw_value name="dcr.workflowinformation.task[1]
@id"/>
;" title="Task Transition">
and here is the begginning of the workflow, which I need to go to the first task after the external email task.
<externaltask lock = "f" name = "Email_Eso" owner = "__INSERT__($uContributor);" retry = "t" start = "t" description = "Group Notification">
__INSERT__("<areavpath v='$iw_area_vpath'/>");
<successors>
<successorset description = "review_Files">
<succ v = "Approval"/>
</successorset>
</successors>
<command v = "/usr/iw-home/bin/iw_solution_email.ipl"/>
__INSERT__($iw_selected_files);
<variables>
<variable key="iw_mailheader_pt" value="reviewer_iwmailheader.tpl"/>
<variable key="iw_mailbody_pt" value="reviewer_iwmailbody.tpl"/>
</variables>
</externaltask>
<usertask name = "Approval"
owner = "__INSERT__($uIWAdmin);"
readonly = "f"
description = "Please verify the accuracy and correctness of the content as it relates to Medical Policies.">
__INSERT__("<areavpath v='$iw_area_vpath'/>");
<successors>
<successorset description = "Submit to Production">
<succ v = "submit_files"/>
</successorset>
<successorset description = "Reject to Medical Policy Group">
<succ v = "Reject_Email"/>
</successorset>
</successors>
<activation>
<or>
<pred v = "Email_Eso"/>
</or>
</activation>
</usertask>
Migrateduser
You need to use the
-t
flag in your call to iw_solution_email.ipl in order to tell it what task is following your current task, and also so it knows who to send the email to. Without the
-t
flag, there will be no task[1] in your DCR XML file to reference.
<command v='/interwoven/iw-home/iw-perl/bin/iwperl /interwoven/iw-home/local/config/wft/solutions/iw_solution_email.ipl -t "MyNextTaskName"' />
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
Adam Stoller
<a href="<iw_value name="$url_web"/>/transitiontask?taskid=<iw_value name="dcr.workflowinformation.task[1]
@id"/>
;" title="Task Transition">
Should be:
<a href="
{
iw_value name="$url_web"/
}
/transitiontask?taskid=
{
iw_value name="dcr.workflowinformation.task[1]
@id"/
}
" title="Task Transition">
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
Migrateduser
I have this line embedded in one of my Template Based Email body templates:
<a href="<iw_value name="$url_web"/>/task?taskid=<iw_value name="dcr.workflowinformation.task[1]
@id"/>
;" title="Launch
es WebDesk">More Task Details...</a>
And it works just fine. I believe Kelly's problem was that she didn't have a floowup task (using the -t flag) on her command line so there would be no task[1] in her DCR.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
kellyrmilligan
Just so you know, I am a he, not a she. This happens quite a bit. no worries.
Migrateduser
**** - I was trying to be non-gender specific in all my posts mentioning you because I wasn't sure. I let one slip through the cracks. Sorry.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
Adam Stoller
My bad - I blame it on lack of sleep - I didn't notice that the embedded '<>'s were within quotes - and therefore not subject to being a problem with embedding angle-brackets within angle-brackets.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)