Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Passing Maximo userid (user who logged in) in Birt
kalpana5
<p>How do we pass maixmo User (user who logged in) as a variable in Birt</p><p> </p><p>I tried using var userID = reportContext.getHttpServletRequest().getParameter("userName");</p><p>in initialize methos when I pass this variable in query it returns null value . Please le tme know your inputs.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>Thanks.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>Not sure. In the old Actuate reports it was a parameter to all reports. Try using ParmUserName instead of userName. I know both of these are used as part of the HTTP request to ERI.</p>
kalpana5
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="mblock" data-cid="123396" data-time="1389907587"><div><p>Not sure. In the old Actuate reports it was a parameter to all reports. Try using ParmUserName instead of userName. I know both of these are used as part of the HTTP request to ERI.</p></div></blockquote><p>Thanks for the inputs, but no luck.</p>
micajblock
<p>BTW, in the designer this will always be null, does it also return null in Maximo?</p>
kalpana5
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="mblock" data-cid="123399" data-time="1389908595"><div><p>BTW, in the designer this will always be null, does it also return null in Maximo?Just now tried it is returning null avlue in maximo also.</p></div></blockquote>
chclarke
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="kalpana5" data-cid="123394" data-time="1389900451"><div><p>How do we pass maixmo User (user who logged in) as a variable in Birt</p><p> </p><p>I tried using var userID = reportContext.getHttpServletRequest().getParameter("userName");</p><p>in initialize methos when I pass this variable in query it returns null value . Please le tme know your inputs.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>Thanks.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p>I am having the same issue. We're using BIRT 2.1.2 on Maximo 6.2.7. Surely somebody must know what we need to put into getParameter to grab the current Maximo user. Or can somebody tell us how we can look up what parameters are available to grab?</p>
chclarke
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="chclarke" data-cid="125289" data-time="1390569191"><div><p>I am having the same issue. We're using BIRT 2.1.2 on Maximo 6.2.7. Surely somebody must know what we need to put into getParameter to grab the current Maximo user. Or can somebody tell us how we can look up what parameters are available to grab?</p></div></blockquote><p>I've given up on this. I've tried everything imaginable with no luck. This should be such a simple thing to solve! The only thing I've got left to try is making a relationship in DB configuration in Maximo and doing it that way. That is the only thing I can suggest to others who may be dealing with the same problem. Hopefully this issue no longer exists when we upgrade to Maximo 7. Until then, our business partners will just have to be careful not to let unauthorized persons run the report. :unsure:</p>
bgbaird
<p>Mica and I put our heads together and this works in my environment (mx7.5.0.3 and iServer11 sp3). It may seem a bit hashed up, for several really geeky reasons, ERI calls the report using a user called "maximo.admin". I can do that because I am on Work Units, not Named User licensing. I'm terrible at documenting in code, so if it doesn't make sense, let me know.</p><p> </p><p>Brian</p>
micajblock
<p>As it turns out Maximo passes to ERI the Maximo user name bit it appears it does not pass it to the embedded report (do not know why). Brian thought it might be in the paramstring parameter but that also does not appear to be the case. Maybe there is a way to customize the paramstring but that is outside my realm of knowledge. Maybe you should ask IBM? :-)</p>