Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
DataSource XML counting number of nodes
StaceyHopk
<p>I have a xml data source for a birt report design, I wish to be able to count the number of nodes within a particular node.</p><p> </p><p>But what I am getting back (in the preview results) is the total number of nodes in the whole xml file</p><p> </p><p>I am expecting an output like....</p><p> </p><div>| Name | Count of fs |</div><div>| f1 | 1 |</div><div>| f2 | 2 |</div><div>| f3 | 1 | </div><div>| f4 | 0 |</div><div> </div><div> </div><div>but am getting ....</div><div> </div><div><div>| Name | Count of fs |</div><div>| f1 | 4 |</div><div>| f2 | 4 |</div><div>| f3 | 4 |</div><div>| f4 | 4 |</div><div> </div><div>I have attached the report design and a sample xml file ...what am I doing wrong?!?!?!? any help much appreciated!</div></div><p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
StaceyHopk
<p>Not sure on the etiquette here - but can I bump this for a response - I just can't imagine that what I am trying to do is not capable within BIRT???? </p>
fmakwsi
<p>Seems like your count variable is for the sum of nodes, not for the particular nodes, maybe u just took the wrong variable, little mistake that happens fast. </p><p> </p><p>havent done somethign with XML data source, so cant help ya moar sorry
</p>