<p>I am trying to add a url link to a birt 3.7.1 report.</p><p> </p><p>For example, I want to add a link to www.cnn.com in the report.</p><p>I should note that I want to add a text field that is a url. </p><p>I don't want to add a field from a table and make it a link.</p><p> </p><p>I cannot find 3.7.1 documentation anywhere, on any subject on the web.</p><p>Even the help inside of BIRT brings up a page that states to click on the properties of the field and</p><p>edit the hyperlink tab, but there is no hyperline tab in 3.7.1</p><p> </p><p>Also on the web is:</p><p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://www.actuate.com/be/documentation/ihub2/aic/help/brs/using-brs/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm#href=Hyperlinks.11.10.html&single=true'>http://www.actuate.com/be/documentation/ihub2/aic/help/brs/using-brs/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm#href=Hyperlinks.11.10.html&single=true</a></p><p> </p><p>which is similar to the help within BIRT, which again no hyperlink tab exists.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>Okay, I have something working, but not sure if its the best way, but it works</p><p>In my dataset I created a field called url. In my open sql statement I added a new var </p><p> </p><p>+ " 'CNN URL' url "</p><p> </p><p>and added it to the fetch.</p><p> </p><p>Then I moved the url dataset field on the layout and set the hyperlink to cnn.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>If anyone can help me with adding this link to a report it is much appreciated.</p><p> </p><p>And, if anyone knows how I can update my BIRT Help text to be 3.7.1 or direct me to on-line</p><p>documentation that is for 3.7.1 it is super appreciated.</p>