Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Using a different master page on specific page numbers
rhauschildt
<p>I am trying to find out if it is possible to have a master page used on specific page counts. Is this possible?
More specifically I want a specific master page to be used on ever 2nd 4th and 6th page while using the default master page one the 1st 3rd and 5th page.
I have tried using page breaks and assigning the master page there but I need the data to flow from page to page naturally and not have gaps of space where a page break occurred.</p><p> </p><p>Maybe using some JavaScript in the Script area could work?</p><p> </p><p>Any thoughts would be appreciated.</p><p> </p><p>Ryan</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jhoogend
<p>Hi Ryan,</p><p>I have exactly the same issue. Have you already found a solution? </p><p>The functional design of Birt from 2005 talks about oddPage and evenPage property but I am afraid it is not yet implemented. </p>
rhauschildt
<p>Unfortunately as you have found as well the functionality isn't there. I did how ever find a work around although it can get a little messy.</p><p>I essentially created all my master pages on one single master page and isolated there parts then in separate grids and then set visibility to unhide my first "master page" elements when page count == 1 and then my second "Master page" elements when page count ==2 and so on.</p><p> </p><p>It takes quite a bit of testing to get everything working properly but it fits all of my needs. If you wish i can post the java script i used for the visibility and go in a little more depth</p><p> </p><p>Ryan</p>