Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
FontsConfig.xml cannot recognize "CJK Unified Ideographs Extension B" ?
cooler50c
<div>I would like to used BIRT to generate PDF file which contains "CJK Unified Ideographs Extension A" & "CJK Unified Ideographs Extension B" characters. </div><div> </div><div>I modified fontsConfig.xml as to make Ext-A characters use "MingLiu" Font and Ext-B characters use "MingLiu-ExtB" Font.</div><div> </div><div>I tested with the basic genReport.bat & hello_world.rptdesign in Win7.</div><div> </div><div>The problem is only Ext-A characters correctly generated in the PDF file with "MingLiu" Font and Ext-B characters cannot be generated. I guess it is because Ext-B characters used 2 bytes to represent and BIRT has problem to recognize it.</div><div><strong>ã€</strong> - u3400 (Ext-A char)</div><div><strong>ð©³</strong> - u29433 - ud865udc33 (Ext-B char)</div><div> </div><div>Below is my fontsConfig.xml</div><div><composite-font name="all-fonts"><span> </span></div><div> <block name="CJK Unified Ideographs Extension A" range-start="3400" range-end="4dbf" index="101" font-family="MingLiu"/><span> </span></div><div> <block name="CJK Unified Ideographs Extension B" range-start="20000" range-end="2a6df" index="148" font-family="MingLiu-ExtB"/><span> </span></div><div> </div><div> <block name="default" font-family="Times-Roman"/></div><div></composite-font></div><div> </div><div>From my other tests shows Ext-B characters always fall to the "default" block.</div><div>I tested version 3.7.2 & 4.3.1</div><div> </div><div>Please help!</div><div> </div>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Is the problem only with PDF?
cooler50c
<p>Yes. only with PDF, HTML is fine.</p><p>In HTML, the [color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;]Ext-B char <strong>(</strong>[/color]<strong>)</strong> displays in 'MingLiu-ExtB' font as expected.</p><p> </p><p>If I changed </p><p>[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;] <block name="default" font-family="[/color]<strong>MingLiu-ExtB</strong>[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;]"/>[/color]</p><p>[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;]Both PDF, HTML can display [/color]the [color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;]Ext-B char <strong>(</strong>[/color]<strong>)</strong> displays in 'MingLiu-ExtB' font. That's a workaround.</p><p> </p><p>Please help.</p>
mwilliams
Sorry for the delay. Can you attach a simple design and fontsConfig file as you have it set up that will show me the issue? This way I can test using what you have. Thanks!