Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Charts drildown
bhoomikg
<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>I am trying to create a report having a chart, when I click on the chart it should open a subchart in the same page. I am implementing this by assigning a bookmark to my sub chart and hiding it initially. When user clicks on main chart, its visibility becomes true. The problem I am facing with setting value for a parameter which is required for my sub chart. I am trying to set this parameter when user clicks on main chart using Interactivity feature. I am calling a script on mouse click and writing code as below for example:</p><p>params["Month"].value = "DEC";</p><p> </p><p>its not working and not giving any error also.</p><p> </p><p>Any help is appreciated.</p><p> </p><p>Thanks in advance</p><p> </p><p>Regards,</p><p>Bhoomika</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
BRM
<p>What you are asking the report to do is to re-run itself with the new parameter which it does not do. The chart runs with no parameter and thus no data and you are simply toggling the visibility of that.</p><p> </p><p>So you have to supply the subreport with this parameter info at render time not post-render like you are trying. There are several options that you could pursue:</p><ul class='bbc'><li>Are there other values that could be chosen besides "Dec"? If not then supply that at run time and then toggle the visibilty. </li><li>If there are mutiple choices then you could do a hidden chart for all of them and control the visibility. </li><li>There are various options for how drill-through reports work. Try them all and see if one will work for your requirements.</li><li>Lastly, there is probably a way to re-run the report with your parameter from your code. But I don;t know how to do that.</li></ul>