Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Report creation speed (using POJOs)
ABDigia
<p>I use POJO to populate a design (invoices), then generate PDFs.</p><p>The issue I have is the speed. </p><p>I use only one instance of IReportEngine, so that is taken care of.</p><p> </p><p>I first used IRunAndRenderTask, but that was slow (several sec.), so I split it up in IRunTask and IRenderTask.</p><p> </p><p>IRunTask still takes about 3 s, IRenderTask takes 0.5 s</p><p> </p><p>IRunTask loads the POJO, but could that be left to IRenderTask ? If so , how? (I noticed one could write:</p><pre class="_prettyXprint">theRenderTask.getAppContext().put("invoicePojoObject", invoicePojo)</pre><p>In that case the IRunTask could be instantiated once and then re-used, so the</p><p>time per invoice would be spent mainly in IRenderTask (about half a secund).</p><p> </p><p>Any other ideas to speed things up? </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet