Maximo Doclinks within BIRT Report

Options
VHSteve
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
<p style="font-size:12px;font-family:Arial, sans-serif;">Is is possible to create a report that embeds doclinks within it? </p><p style="font-size:12px;font-family:Arial, sans-serif;"> </p><p style="font-size:12px;font-family:Arial, sans-serif;">What I would like is to create a report which has work order details at the top, then doclink pictures shown below it (scaled down to fit one page). My company has a requirement to show a start and complete picture for each completed work order. Maximo users can easily see this information, but we need a report so that non-Maximo users can also see this information. If I can produce a report to show this, the user can run it from Maximo, export to a PDF and email to customers the work order details and completion details.</p><p style="font-size:12px;font-family:Arial, sans-serif;"> </p><p style="font-size:12px;font-family:Arial, sans-serif;">Thanks. </p>

Comments

• <p>First you'll have to add the doclink and docinfo tables to your sql something like the following;</p><p>sqlText = "select  wonum, urlname from workorder, doclinks, docinfo  where workorderid = doclinks.ownerid and doclinks.document = docinfo.document and workorder.wonum =</p><p> </p><p>then insert an image control, Palette -> IMAGE, choose URI</p><p> </p><p>Then enter the following;</p><p> </p><p>"file:///" + row["urlname"]</p>
  • VHSteve
    edited January 28, 2014 #3
    Options
    <blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="wwilliams" data-cid="125315" data-time="1390848755"><div><p>First you'll have to add the doclink and docinfo tables to your sql something like the following;</p><p>sqlText = "select  wonum, urlname from workorder, doclinks, docinfo  where workorderid = doclinks.ownerid and doclinks.document = docinfo.document and workorder.wonum =</p><p> </p><p>then insert an image control, Palette -> IMAGE, choose URI</p><p> </p><p>Then enter the following;</p><p> </p><p>"file:///" + row["urlname"]</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p>Thank you that has worked a treat. Just need to tweak the layout slightly.</p><p> </p><p>Do you know if it is possible to force a maximum size for the visible photo? It worked well with small demo pictures, but some real life photos could be 5 megapixels or larger. </p>
  • <p>This is a old question but I'll answer it so that others can get an answer.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>In Birt it's possible to scale images proportionally according to width or height. Unfortunately I have not found a working way to proportionally size a portrait image into same constrictions as a landscape picture. I've tried to script it, but adjusting by height then failed. I've resolved to set Proportional Scale and only scale on width, though in most cases scaling on height would be more suitable.</p>
  • Can some one please guide , how we can insert actual image on work order details BIRT report in Maximo from Doclink?

• @space bar clicker Images can be appropriately resized in Birt based on their width or height. That being said, I still haven't figured out how to make a portrait fit within the same dimensions as a landscape photo.