Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Removing "unwanted" lines from between BIRT elements
fero
<p>Hello,</p><p> </p><p>I'm using BIRT version 2.2.1 and I'm facing to a problem with formating BIRT reports. A lot of redundant empty lines are added after report (.doc) is generated, especially between two grid elements or between elements, which have content_type set as HTML. Is there way how to get rid of this empty lines please? Without updating BIRT version if possible. I was thinking if I can force BIRT to delete some xml elements before rendering DOC. I'm googling few days and I'm really desperate, please help.</p><p> </p><p>Thanks!</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
SyN
<p>Hi fero,</p><p> </p><p>are those lines in your report header lines or something? You can switch a lot of elements to "invisible", when you look at the properties of the row, graph, etc. I ran into this several times when grouping and the header line always shoed up where it shouln't.</p>
BRM
<p>You might also look to see if the row heights of grid elements are set to something. BIRT will set the row heights sometimes when you resize the whole grid for example. Just set the row height to nothing and it should render without extra space.</p>
johnw
<p>If you have empty detail rows, headers, footers, group headers and group footers, it will add extra lines from the borders. Remove the extra rows.</p>
fero
<p>Thanks a lot for your feedback guys!</p><p> </p><p>Point is that I need to use few different grids to format my text properly. When I put 2 grid (or dynamic text) elements, one under another, BIRT adds gap (empty line / free space) in between of them. I don't really have any empty line or anything else configured there. BIRT is generating it somehow and I can't force BIRT to stop doing it
</p><p> </p><p>
@SyN
: Setting e.g. outer grid to invisible makes all the content invisible in my BIRT, perheps it depends on BIRT version or I was not doing it right.</p><p> </p><p>
@BRM
: Disabling heights helped little bit in few places, but it didn't remove "empty lines / free space" completely.</p><p> </p><p>
@johnw
: I'm not aware of any empty elements / rows anywhere in my configuration, but maybe I missed something.</p>
johnw
<p>Can you do me a favor? From the BIRt Designer, run your report, and go to Run/Generate Report Document. Post that RPTDOCUMENT and I'll take a look.</p>
fero
<p>Sorry johnw, I can't find such an option in my eclipse and more importantly I can't post here anything due to some Company Policy Security Rules. But one thing is little bit odd. When I make a preview of report (perhaps that is what you asked for), there are no gaps. Gaps are only in generated "real" MS Word document. Thanks anyway!</p>
fero
<p>FYI - I didn't remove gaps totally but I was able to make them smaller using "disabling heights on each element" and puting "dummy" / empty text fields with size of 1 point in between of each element. It looks like some elements don't like each other and are creating big gaps when are together. Putting empty text created some boundary and gaps were little bit smaller in few cases.</p>